STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Item effects...

Item effects...

Just curious if item effects automation works. I was looking at Bracers of Armor (I-III) as well as Bracelet of Dashing and noticed that they were not automated. I wanted to make sure I was not missing anything before I dove in to troubleshoot and/or attempt to build something out myself. Armour and shield are obviously is automated, so I was not sure.

Joel

Very few items have built in automation. If you need tips about how to create something, I'm happy to help.

I actually just setup a Bracelet of Dashing for one of my players with the following automation...

[EFFECT equip SKILL: 1 item, acrobatics]

Then on his Actions tab I have a 'spell' called Bracelet of Dashing that he can activate to put a +10 SPEED effect on his character so he remembers during combat.

Xargun

I am back to this thread. I am trying to experiment with item automation again. Looking at Bracers of Armor (I-III) for my learning curve. I seem to be missing something as when I equip to my test character there is no change to the character sheet. Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 8.59.19 PM.png
    Last edited by joelevan; March 19th, 2023 at 05:02. Reason: New screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by joelevan View Post
    I am back to this thread. I am trying to experiment with item automation again. Looking at Bracers of Armor (I-III) for my learning curve. I seem to be missing something as when I equip to my test character there is no change to the character sheet. Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 8.59.19 PM.png
    Looks like it IS working. It just does not show up directly on the character sheet. I get the +1 AC boost on the combat tracker. And now I have the +1 SAVE on there too.

The only thing missing is the "maximum Dexterity modifier of +5". Any suggestions on automating that condition?
    Last edited by joelevan; March 19th, 2023 at 06:02. Reason: I figured out my original issue.

Quote Originally Posted by joelevan View Post
    The only thing missing is the "maximum Dexterity modifier of +5". Any suggestions on automating that condition?
    You can't fully automate that. You can manually adjust the AC effect when placed on characters with a Dexterity bonus of above 5.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can't fully automate that. You can manually adjust the AC effect when placed on characters with a Dexterity bonus of above 5.
    Alternatively, assuming the character isn't wearing other armor (which would have a lower max Dex anyway), just equip them with an Explorer's Outfit, which has a max Dex of +5 and no armor bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Alternatively, assuming the character isn't wearing other armor (which would have a lower max Dex anyway), just equip them with an Explorer's Outfit, which has a max Dex of +5 and no armor bonus.
    Good idea!

There's also the option to change that item into "Armor" and put the AC and Dex cap in the base record.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Good idea!

There's also the option to change that item into "Armor" and put the AC and Dex cap in the base record.
    I think the main reason not to do that is that Bracers of Armor do stack with mundane armor, as long as that mundane armor doesn't have any fundamental runes on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I think the main reason not to do that is that Bracers of Armor do stack with mundane armor, as long as that mundane armor doesn't have any fundamental runes on it.
    This is not true.

Thread Information