STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Item effects...

I thought about going that route too. Probably the 'right' way to do it in terms of getting the automation to work with the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by joelevan View Post
    The only thing missing is the "maximum Dexterity modifier of +5". Any suggestions on automating that condition?
    This has been coming up more and more, both in questions asked an in requirements for Release 19, so I've added a new effect. This should go into live on Tuesday.

ACDEXCAP effect. Format: ACDEXCAP: N [range] Sets AC dexterity modifier cap - PC only. The lowest AC dex cap across all effects and currently equipped armor will be used.

Example: ACDEXCAP: 2 - applies a Dex cap of 2 to the PC AC when attacked.
    ACDEXCAP: 3 ranged - applies a Dex cap of 3 to the PC AC when they are the target of a ranged attack.

I don't know if the optional [range] parameter will ever be needed, but it was easy to include as the surrounding code contained the relevant data.

The Wiki Effects documentation will be updated once this goes live.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh wow! I'll give it a shot once released! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by myyra View Post
    This is not true.
    ...Huh. Yeah, you are correct.

I had been assuming that bracers of armor were the armor equivalent of handwraps of mighty blows, but looking more carefully that is not true. They are instead just slightly cheaper, slightly worse explorer's clothes.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This has been coming up more and more, both in questions asked an in requirements for Release 19, so I've added a new effect. This should go into live on Tuesday.

ACDEXCAP effect. Format: ACDEXCAP: N [range] Sets AC dexterity modifier cap - PC only. The lowest AC dex cap across all effects and currently equipped armor will be used.

Example: ACDEXCAP: 2 - applies a Dex cap of 2 to the PC AC when attacked.
    ACDEXCAP: 3 ranged - applies a Dex cap of 3 to the PC AC when they are the target of a ranged attack.

I don't know if the optional [range] parameter will ever be needed, but it was easy to include as the surrounding code contained the relevant data.

The Wiki Effects documentation will be updated once this goes live.
    This has gone into live today: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...arch-28th-2023
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information