5E Character Create Playlist

tokens creating walls on maps?

At first I thought maybe an extension was causing this but I've unloaded all my extensions and it's still happening.

I'm doing a bit of prep work on a new module that was released (Vaz'kin'rai), and I've had to make modifications to the map since the LoS doors aren't openable. Now I'm not sure if this is a result of me editing the map or what, but now whenever I add a token of any kind to the map. It acts like there's an unpassable wall that crosses the entire map to from the top of the token, and the same to the left (a vertical line that crosses the entire map). This is only for the first token. If I add more, then they seem to be ok. If I remove all the tokens, it happens again for the first token at where ever it's placed. LoS gets a little weird too, with some walls being just ignored for movement and others being ok.

Anyone else running into strange stuff like this editing LoS from a module's map (I think that's what triggered this).

(note the walls don't show up in the walls editor, it just acts like the walls are there....)
    Last edited by drempel; June 18th, 2022 at 07:06.

I think we'll need to see your campaign file and point out which map is causing the issue as well as steps to recreate the problem. Make sure you can repeat the problem in a new campaign without extensions first.

You can also try right clicking on the image in the image list and select revert changes. This will set the map back to what it was originally before you did any edits.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok, I put a zip file of the campaign on google drive.

There's only one map in that module (Vaz'kin'rai playmap). I added one for the inn that references another module I got off DMsGuild that I'm not including (obviously).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/103U...ew?usp=sharing

I'll play around and see how reproducible it is, but I figured you'd want to look at the state of this campaign so you can at least figure out why it's behaving this way (it shouldn't regardless of my ability to reliably repro or not, as a dev of over 3 decades often all you need is the state to go...oh crap, I didn't handle that case, no idea how that happened, but obviously it does so I'll harden against it, because this is really really odd). I suspect playing around with it that maybe it shifted the LoS data so that it aligned with the top left of the token and not the map, but I'm not 100% sure without a much deeper dive with tools I don't have :P

Repro steps are of course helpful as is any other data points to help understand what happened (in case the state of the campaign files isn't enough). I'll report back sometime this weekend probably (I'm in my own dev crunch right now so my time is limited at the moment, got my own bugs to squash :P)

Is this the right place to pass along problems with the Vaz'kin'rai module BTW? The grid size is too big, tokens can't navigate the tunnels (a grid size of 35 instead of 70 seems to work better for navigation) and like I said the doors can't be opened, they are single lines instead of boxes.

Unfortunately I don't have this module so I can't really test anything out. I'll let James know about the occluders though so that the dev can look into fixing that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I was able to load up your campaign and see the issue you are talking about; however, I'm not sure why it's happening or how it got into that state.

If I revert the image record back to the original data (right click on record in Images list and select Revert Changes); then I'm not able to reproduce the issue. (even after setting up 35x35 grid and adding ambient light)

Do you remember what other steps you might have performed when editing the map other than the ambient lighting and the grid size change?

Regards,
    JPG

I dropped an encounter on the map a couple of times, moved tokens around with the keyboard, just basically testing things out. At one point I shift-moved a token past one of the doors I couldn't open. Just a bunch of general use.

I'm not sure how to repro it either TBH...

If we can figure out what the trigger is for the issue, it should hopefully be fairly straightforward to find a solution (since it would point to the specific action causing the issue).

I would just revert the changes for now; and if it happens again, try to write down which particular operation seemed to cause it.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information