STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Hi, I've find this extension very useful, in special for the options of Group Initiative, but there is some issue with suprise checks when I try them. The following log appears to me:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string"..ons and House Rules:..rise_adnd_op_hr.lua"]:30: attempt to call field 'getCTFromActor' (a nil value)

Can you help me to solve it? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagrarius View Post
    Hi, I've find this extension very useful, in special for the options of Group Initiative, but there is some issue with suprise checks when I try them. The following log appears to me:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string"..ons and House Rules:..rise_adnd_op_hr.lua"]:30: attempt to call field 'getCTFromActor' (a nil value)

My apologies for not responding sooner. I didn't see this or any notification of your post. I've been away doing some other stuff. I'll look into this right away. I just uploaded a new version that takes into account some of the underlying changes that have been made in the rulesets. That may fix your issue. At any rate, I'll test and make sure this gets corrected, as well as any other outstanding issues. I'll respond to this a little later on, once I've been able to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagrarius View Post

This issue should be fixed now. This was a pretty big one for anyone using this, so extra-sorry about that. If you guys have these issues, don't feel bad about spamming them at me.

Next up on this, I'll look at armor damage, comeliness, honor. Let me know if I've missed something or if there's something else you want

Quote Originally Posted by Morganwolf View Post
    Hello, any chance to see the 1E Comeliness Stat added along with the Honor from Oriental adventures; mainly interested in Comeliness. Choice in Options to add either; hopefully it won't cover over the Combat section. Regards.
    Added options for either turning on Comeliness (UA) or turning on Comeliness and Honor (OA). Didn't do any automation or anything fancy. Anyone using these will either know what they're doing or will consult their 1E books. It works with both OSRIC ruleset and 2E ruleset (in case you have a reason to want to use these stats there).

Quote Originally Posted by Uraence View Post
    Thanks for the mod!

I did find an issue with Armor Damage and Shields. When PC takes damage it does 1 armor damage to a shield first if it's equipped and not the armor. This is fine. However, when it reaches it's max Armor DP total it sets the Base AC to 10, but it should be 0. Armor being set to 10 is proper because the armor is destroyed and no longer providing it's base AC. The problem with shields is its AC is an AC bonus (+1 for non magical) and factors in as a -1 to overall AC. When the shield is destroyed and auto set to AC 10 it is factoring it as a -10 to overall AC.

So a Fighter with Dex 10 (Def Adj: 0) Chainmail (Base AC 5) and a Medium Shield (+1 AC) has an AC: 4. When the shield is destroyed the Fighter now has an AC: -5. I'm sure the player will appreciate that, but the DM may not. :P

Also, if there were a place on the char sheet (like the main tab) to track the current armor and shield damage at a glance vs having to open up the inventory item that would be fantastic.

Thanks for your time!
    I've been looking into this, and I don't know if these issues are related to not having Armor DP set up for all of the items, because the ruleset doesn't appear to do that for you. I've started working on armor damage and at least have the DP values being populated when dropped into a character's inventory. I took the DP values from the Complete Fighter's Handbook, and everything from 2E PHB, OSRIC - Player's Content, and Complete Fighter's Handbook should now populate with those values.

It's based on the names of the items so it's not always gonna work, particularly in the case of misspelled, made-up or magical items but I'm gonna put some more work into that. Here's the item names it recognizes and auto-applies Armor DP to, case-insensitive:

banded mail
    banded armor
    brigandine
    bronze plate mail
    chainmail
    field plate
    field plate armor
    full plate
    full plate armor
    gallic
    hide armor
    leather armor
    mail shirt
    mail hauberk or byrnie (chain)
    mail elfin (chain)
    padded armor
    padded gambeson
    plate armor
    plate mail
    ring mail
    ring armor
    samnite
    scale mail
    scale or lamellar
    splint mail
    splint armor
    studded leather
    studded armor
    thracian
    shield buckler
    shield small
    shield medium
    shield body
    shield large

Next up, I'll work on getting magic armors recognized, where possible. And, I'll work on getting the DP stuff viewable on the main sheet.

Haven't tested this in combat, but I imagine armor damage will work better now. As always, hit me up if you discover any problems before I do.

Thank you so much, Doomsword. I had no time to check the new version yet, but I wonder do it soon. Another issue I noted before and forgot to mention here is that the Honor attribute was hiding some battle stats like Ac, Surprise and Taco. When I enter FG, I'll check this too and tell you here if the problem still persist. See ya.

Has anyone noticed giants and other larger creatures have a set initiative of 9 even with the large creature initiative set to off?
    Playing since 1983, DM since 1985, FGC Full License, FGU Ultimate License.

Currently GMing:
    * OSRIC AD&D (1st Edition) (Sunday)
    * D&D 5e (Monday)
    * OSRIC AD&D (1st Edition) (Tuesday)

7+ years of gaming via FG

Quote Originally Posted by fharlang View Post
    Has anyone noticed giants and other larger creatures have a set initiative of 9 even with the large creature initiative set to off?
    Sorry for the delay. Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. Something isn't working as it should. I'll get it corrected sometime this week, along with something that's been requested under the OSRIC ruleset options for this extension. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by fharlang View Post
    I started a new campaign, with the defaults, to try and troubleshoot this. I haven't been able to reproduce it, now. Can you show me the AD&D Options and House Rules options that you have set?

Thread Information