STAR TREK 2d20

RM2 (Opt 23.1) Level Bonuses for Magical Skills

Hi

Firstly, thank you once again for updating and improving the Rolemaster Classic extension for FGU. I noted that the Level Bonuses which can be defined in various ways depending on the Ruleset used, are now automatically calculated and added to the Level column in the Skills tab.

Looked really good, but one of my players noted an issue with the Magical Skills bonus, for skills such as Spell Mastery, which I would assume would get the Magiocal SKills bonus as defined in the Rolemaster Companion 2 (RM2) level bonus. For example, a Magician will get +3/level for Magical Skills.

The list of RM2 skills, however, as defined in the dropdown, does not provide a Magical Skills choice.
    (I have added an attachment that shows the Skills dialog dropdown which I am referring to).

The list under the RM2 option in the Skill dialog shows Base Spells, Body Development, ...., Subterfuge Skills, but no Magical skills which would cover Spell Mastery and other magical skills. I can temporarily fix this by defining the Skill as a Direct spell (as Magicians get +3/level for both Directed spells and Magical skills), but feel this is at best a work around.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

It could be that RM Companion 2 has not been converted to FG as yet, so none of the options from that book are available.

Hi Mike,
    I think the option 23.1 is for the RMC ruleset and it's meant just to apply the level bonuses to the RMC skills in RM2-style .

You need to use the Companion 2 dropdown. You also need to change the option to "RM Companion II".
    Attached Images Attached Images

ah... thanks... the Option setting was wrong.

So what is the difference between RM2 and RM Companion II?

RM2 level bonuses are taken from table 15.7.2 from Character Law. These were the first optional level bonuses. Companion II level bonuses are the bonuses documented in the actual Companion II book. Unfortunately, that book can't be published.

Hope that helps.

Rajek

Also note that you can (and need to if utilizing Companion II) edit the skill category in the character sheet to match what exists in Companion II. Many skills are misgrouped or listed as a "Secondary Skill Group" by default. After you edit the skills, you can ungroup and then group the skills and they will match the proper categories for Companion II.

Thread Information