STAR TREK 2d20

Level Code / Constitution Code / Bonus EP Explanation

So I am now starting to play around with making creatures from the C&T II and I have ran into a problem. I can't get any numbers to come up when I double click any of the 3 randomizing 'stats'. Whenever I double click FGU makes a roll then gives me a text title with no numbers. I did this test with a creature I created and with a creature created by the C&T I module. Both tests gave the same result.

Can anyone provide me with the mechanism on how RMC handles these entries? I'm wondering if I need to create an extension to allow this to work on my C&TII module.

Starting to get a better hold on things so hopefully this won't be super complicated.

Regards,
    Rajek

Hi Rajek,

Basically for the Level and Constitution codes, you roll the dice and then you drag the roll back to the field and it will show the results based on the number in the roll field. Then you have to manually update the NPC.

The Bonus EP is looking for the level of the PC(s) attacking it. Once you enter that, it will show the XP bonus.

That code even preexists me working on the ruleset. I still need to update that tab since I haven't done much with it from what the original developers did. I have added this functionality in other ways though.

For the Level and Constitution codes, there is an option (Add: NPC Random Level and Hits) that can be turned on to randomize the level and hits when NPCs are added to the Combat Tracker. You can find the option in the Combat section of the options.

The Bonus EP is handled automatically using Encounters. When an encounter is setup after adding the NPCs, there is a refresh button that will get the average PC level of the party (determined by the PCs in the party sheet) and determine the experience for the encounter. This includes the bonus EP. Then the encounter can be added to the XP tab on the Party Sheet and award to the party.

Dakadin

Dakadin,

Understood. Thanks.

Rajek

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    For the Level and Constitution codes, there is an option (Add: NPC Random Level and Hits) that can be turned on to randomize the level and hits when NPCs are added to the Combat Tracker. You can find the option in the Combat section of the options.
    Dakadin
    Hi Dakadin,
    I set the option On but when adding the NPCs from the Encounter Window (using the bottom-left arrow) levels and hits are the same for all of them. May I missing other settings?
    Regards,
    Saramund

Hi Saramund,

I just tested it and it is working for me. Do the NPCs have a Level and Constitution codes on the NPC Other tab? It is using that to randomize the values. Without those it won't change anything. That way the GM can turn it on but not have it for all NPCs. Please let me know if it isn't that.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Yes, you are right
    I missed the level code..
    thank you
    Saramund

Thread Information