DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Transparent "chatbox.png" works great . . .

I've been struggling with figuring out how to resize the chat window to no avail. (I can't seem to adjust the offset and sizes of everything except the main damn window itself . . .) Then again, I'm a hack, so . . .

Anyhow, it occurred to me to try using just a transparent png for "chatbox.png" in Sir_Motte's magnificent, incredible, lovely, gorgeous "Hearth" theme, and maybe I'm easily amused or something, but I think it works badass.

My group uses FGU on a TV next to the gaming table. The ability to use the entire screen with map and tokens alone would be a nice feature. Not on all screens at once, obviously, but definitely on one.

Maybe it would be great if chat visibility was optional - at least on one client, for use next to the game table? On all the clients in gneral, we chat in person, but we use the chat window for rolls.

For more than just my group's weird usage, though - wouldn't it be nice to have a chat font mixer, where you could adjust the visibilty of the chat box, the size, the transparency of the chat bg, the colors of the fonts, the icons, and the sizes (and even styles) of the various output font types. . . like, on the fly? Like the dice color thingy?

Anywho . . . if it never occurred to change the chatbox.png to transparent, give it a try.

Peace out.

Quote Originally Posted by rpbarrett111 View Post
    My group uses FGU on a TV next to the gaming table. The ability to use the entire screen with map and tokens alone would be a nice feature. Not on all screens at once, obviously, but definitely on one.
    Expand the image to desktop mode - click the arrow icon in the top right of the image twice - once to put the image on the background (but the chat box and sidebar are still visible) and once again to hide the chat box and sidebar.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    This is why I think Trenloe is an AI. Not only does he give FG a new feature in less than 30 minutes, but he does it retroactively too!

Good thing he's on our side.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Not sure how I did this, but I sure like it! It's transparent, the colors are still legible due to the Colorful Speech ext, and I can scale the chatbox to the size of a pixel . . . Thus far, I've seen no probs with the chat at smaller size, either, everything is pretty well offset, so . . . This will work great.

modified 5e chatbox.jpg
    Last edited by rpbarrett111; June 16th, 2022 at 12:12.

Yep. Thanks for the tip. That's an awsome feature. The immovable chatbox of obscurity just taunted me.

just curious, you say immovable chat box. the chat box can be unlocked and moved, the dice are the only perma locked item as far as I know. and having an option to make the chat box transparent is nice
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information