DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Hey cool extension

Suggestion, I feel like its more logical, if the buttons/labels for:

PC = all PC's make a stealth roll
    NPC = all NPC's make a stealth roll

Its possible, that for other people, the way its programmed feels intuitive-logical.

Future perspectives ideas:
    -Perhaps add an option to add modifiers/advantage to rolls
    -Integration with, Justin Frias stealth tracker (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/165/view)

Thanks for making cool extension for Fantasy Grounds and improving our quality of gaming

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey cool extension

Its possible, that for other people, the way its programmed feels intuitive-logical.

-Integration with, Justin Frias stealth tracker (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/165/view)

Thanks for making cool extension for Fantasy Grounds and improving our quality of gaming
    The buttons are a hard call, people will feel either way. I see it as who gets the surprised effects... I'd love a button graphics, but I have no art skills to do that..

I'm not sure how you would add advantages/modifiers to roll for 'many' players/npc, I avoid the modifier stack in the bottom left. But the effects system is fully run. So if the player has 'ADVSKILL: perception' then they will get that rolled at advantage. It tracks if you have stealth disadvantage from armor etc. Will even deal with addition dice that reflect into the perception/stealth based of the effects on the player/npc. ( So not sure what 'extra' modifiers/advantages you are referencing. As I say the DM runs this, and how would I use the modifier stack in the bottom to cope with loads of npc/players without 'stopping' every roll to pop-up a box with selections. At this point why use the extension as you may as well do it all by hand.. )

I've not looked at other extension interactions, well I added combat groups... so will take a look at this one at some point.

The thing I would love, is visibility data... So if an npc is fully hidden and could never be seen due to a wall by a player then remove the interaction etc.. But since we have zero api to access LoS data and 'cover' amount between players/npcs and is it important. If they players are stomping up a corridor into a room full of NPC behind a door, the visibility is zero anyway... but I'd allow a surprise round if they state they attempt to be stealthy and open the door and rush in etc.. The context is so hard to deal with.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey cool extension

Took a quick read down this extension, and I'm not sure what integration would be needed... As it suggests at CT 'start' that the stealth values be cleared as a reset of roll init... This would be the point of time to run a surprise round, and then start to use the stealth tracker as player/npc turns might allow due to surprise or not to decide to do actions like hide which would need a new roll. ( My only thought was to add the effect stealth: value onto the CT when they are rolled... as the only interaction, but I feel the value would be stale by then and need re-rolling anyway.. ie if rouge was not surprised from the group stealth the first action might be to 'hide' and roll a stealth tracker stealth roll etc..)

Do you have thoughts as to interactions between the 2 extensions ? ( Or if used together does it conflict in some way you have found ? )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hi. All that StealthTracker does is track Stealth rolls as effects in the combat tracker and then do some comparisons of those values for reporting purposes in the chat log. I don't think it should interfere with the surprise extension, but if you find something conflicting, please let me know. Thanks!

I am thinking of getting this ext but I was curious how it plays with the Requested Rolls ext? Does it bypass it all together and auto roll or will it work with it sending a request to the players to roll when you call for the stealth checks? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    Hi. All that StealthTracker does is track Stealth rolls as effects in the combat tracker and then do some comparisons of those values for reporting purposes in the chat log. I don't think it should interfere with the surprise extension, but if you find something conflicting, please let me know. Thanks!
    I also dont think it interfere. Thanks for the feedback.

I was responding to vaughn as he was asking for interaction support. I've not used your extension and from its description seems that you suggest on init to clear all the stealth rolls anyway.. so the only interaction I could think worth doing was maybe adding the rolled stealth value in your effect format. But I'm not sure if that would represent anything worth tracking as this should be re-rolled when the player action turn starts if they decide to hide etc...

I will do a quick compatibility check later, but my extension adds new buttons and to call the block of rolls required. Depending on how you 'patch' into the players/npc roll for stealth it might auto activate your extension. But I dont know at this time.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I am thinking of getting this ext but I was curious how it plays with the Requested Rolls ext? Does it bypass it all together and auto roll or will it work with it sending a request to the players to roll when you call for the stealth checks? Thanks!
    I dont think it will, it generates new roll actions with special names as it has to bypass the standard skill roll callbacks. This is due to needing a bunch of stealth rolls to be tracked before the perception rolls can be checked.. So having the system basically stall the host waiting for users to 'decide to press buttons on the roll request' will probably not be suitable.

At the moment it does not request the rolls from the user side.. ie it does not turn up as a manual roll if they have it enabled. I'm not sure if 'save' throws would turn up. I'm also not sure what roll request does with a spell that requests a save roll if it auto rolls it on the host or pings the request into the users.

I'm not sure the roll request would be a 'fun' interaction for the users. I'd probably suggest the steal tracker above and after clearing the stealth values on CT Init start, just roll request the stealth rolls and see if it will add the value to the effects and just manually check the perception side...

I will make a note to have a look at the interactions between it and roll request, but I suspect it would not 'spot' the new roll types.

I was mainly looking to have a quick get it over with 'go' button, as our group basically never use surprise rounds because its too much of a faf to get rolls and cross check them.

Getting the extension working with combat groups makes sense as they add all the npc and it needed to roll for just the active ones for that extension.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I dont think it will, it generates new roll actions with special names as it has to bypass the standard skill roll callbacks. This is due to needing a bunch of stealth rolls to be tracked before the perception rolls can be checked.. So having the system basically stall the host waiting for users to 'decide to press buttons on the roll request' will probably not be suitable.

At the moment it does not request the rolls from the user side.. ie it does not turn up as a manual roll if they have it enabled. I'm not sure if 'save' throws would turn up. I'm also not sure what roll request does with a spell that requests a save roll if it auto rolls it on the host or pings the request into the users.

I'm not sure the roll request would be a 'fun' interaction for the users. I'd probably suggest the steal tracker above and after clearing the stealth values on CT Init start, just roll request the stealth rolls and see if it will add the value to the effects and just manually check the perception side...

I will make a note to have a look at the interactions between it and roll request, but I suspect it would not 'spot' the new roll types.

I was mainly looking to have a quick get it over with 'go' button, as our group basically never use surprise rounds because its too much of a faf to get rolls and cross check them.

Getting the extension working with combat groups makes sense as they add all the npc and it needed to roll for just the active ones for that extension.

-pete
    I totally get. I don't have an issue with it giving RR the roll since, as you said, it would not be a great experience. I am more worried it would clog up the system and error out but it sounds like it will be off the radar for RR. So, no issues. I will give it an spin.

A quick test with 'stealth tracker' extension, seems to have no interaction issues. Its stealth effect is been added/removed and chat seems to show the correct information.

A quick test with 'Request Roll' extension, seems to have no interaction issues. The requested rolls show up for the player as expected, and non of the surprise round extension rolls end up within the requested roll pop-ups.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    A quick test with 'stealth tracker' extension, seems to have no interaction issues. Its stealth effect is been added/removed and chat seems to show the correct information.
    Sweet, thanks.

Thread Information