DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

[extension] Surprise Round Extension

B9's Surprise Round Extension on Forge
    bratch9 profile on Forge

An extension to roll a surprise round and place 'surprised' effects onto the combat tracker.

Adding to the host combat tracker 2 buttons 'PC' and 'NPC' that rolls stealth and perception checks for 'friendly' or 'foe'. The button is who will be 'surprised'

The 'PC' button is used when NPC's (foe) want to surprise the PC's (friendly) , and the 'NPC' button is used when the PC's (friendly) want to surprise the NPC's (foe)

This is processed by rolling stealth for the required group. Effects are taken into account. For NPC a 'stealth' skill is looked for or 'dex' bonus is used as a fallback. The lowest stealth roll is then checked against 'passive perception'. Due to using effects, this is processed against a 'perception' roll. Once the rolls are made the D20 is replaced with a value of 10 ( or 15/5 for Advantage/Disadvantage ) as required to convert this to a 'passive perception'. NPC are checked for a 'passive perception' senses, and 'perception' skill or a final fallback to 'wis' bonus. Any character with a lower passive perception than the lowest stealth from the group then gets an effect 'Surprised' added to them as they did not notice the stealthy group.

Included is the effect support for 'IMMUNE: surprised', which will reject the addition of the 'Surprised' effect as expected.

On the end of a character turn the 'surprised' effect is automatically removed, as that character can now use reactions.

This is processed on the host side and will result in possibly a lot of dice rolling, so 'manual' rolling is not advised.

Updates:
    v1.5 - Fix for npc passive perception below 10.
    v1.4 - Split CT selector enable option into 'Friend' and 'Foe' for individual group selector tick on CT entry.
    v1.3 - Adjusted 'clear the dead' button locations to not overlap
    v1.2 - Added 3 options, 1 for to enable a tick on each CT entry for inclusion in stealth/perceptions rolls, and 2 for interactions with Stealth Tracker extension.
    v1.1 - Support for 'Combat Groups by Silent Ruin'
    v1.0 - Initial release
    Last edited by bratch9; June 30th, 2022 at 14:47.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

res 1
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

res 2
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

First off, this is a super cool extension, that will speed things up for stealth situations, Very cool and well done.

However, for me, as a user of the Combat Groups extension by Silent Ruin, this extension is pretty hard to use. The problem is that even things i have hidden in the CT are rolling stealth and perception checks. I know you didnt make the combat groups, but hopefully enough people would like to use both that you would consider making this work with the Combat Groups extension to the extent that only the visible groups would check for stealth and perception instead of the entire combat tracker. In my case the entire combat tracker contains 3 different sets of PCs, plus many encounter for each group of PCs. i hide the two groups of PCs we arent playing, and only show encounters as needed.

I guess add this suggestion to the wishlist. But for me currently i cannot use this extension for the way i run my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesdaadi View Post
    First off, this is a super cool extension, that will speed things up for stealth situations, Very cool and well done.

However, for me, as a user of the Combat Groups extension by Silent Ruin, this extension is pretty hard to use. The problem is that even things i have hidden in the CT are rolling stealth and perception checks. I know you didnt make the combat groups, but hopefully enough people would like to use both that you would consider making this work with the Combat Groups extension to the extent that only the visible groups would check for stealth and perception instead of the entire combat tracker. In my case the entire combat tracker contains 3 different sets of PCs, plus many encounter for each group of PCs. i hide the two groups of PCs we arent playing, and only show encounters as needed.

I guess add this suggestion to the wishlist. But for me currently i cannot use this extension for the way i run my campaign.
    I will add it to my todo list to look into. This is a first pass and obviously best to start with the more standard functions. Complex multiple extension interactions can get fun. But a number of my other extensions have interacted with Silent Ruin extensions...

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

This should be fixed with version 1.1, when it gets released by FG.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

wow, im super stoked you were able to solve this problem so quickly. i wont be able to use it in this weeks game, but i will be testing it heavily as soon as this update is available. Thank you for your quick reply and response.

wow, im super stoked you were able to solve this problem so quickly. i wont be able to use it in this weeks game, but i will be testing it heavily as soon as this update is available. Thank you for your quick reply and response.
    It took longer to figure out the interactions and how to detect when items were actually active on the CT and a good way to find those out, than the actual changes needed.

It will need a proper testing to make sure other parts of the combat group extension do not do other things, depending on options/config/usage etc. As I've not used the extension before, so only looked at the CT group parts that I could see.

If you find any other interaction issues please let me know.

( Hope it will get released from FG dev team today/tomorrow, due to been a new extension it has to go via FG review for build updates etc.. Which is slow over the weekend. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

i will be testing and reporting back any issues i experience. I have been relying on the combat groups extension for quite some time, and it make my job much simpler. I'm sure This tool will be the same level of usefulness and actually allow me to check for stealth/ perception instead of just deciding who is surprised. Many thanks for your work, i use several of your extensions and they are enormously helpful (spell tokens, I'm looking at you).

i will be testing and reporting back any issues i experience. I have been relying on the combat groups extension for quite some time, and it make my job much simpler. I'm sure This tool will be the same level of usefulness and actually allow me to check for stealth/ perception instead of just deciding who is surprised. Many thanks for your work, i use several of your extensions and they are enormously helpful (spell tokens, I'm looking at you).
    Update should now be live, let me know if all seems to be working after your much better testing then I will have done... Then I can add link reference and supported text into the forge posting.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information