FG Spreadshirt Swag

Base Spell Casting Table Resolver

Having a bit of an issue.
    Say a character casts a spell that does a Cold critical of varying severity depending upon RR failure margin. I seem to recall being able to call up a said crit table, drag the player's roll result to it, and drag the crit result to both the chat window and drop it on the target, causing all the requisite hits, stuns, broken bones, bleeds etc., to be added to the combat tracker.

Can't do that now as far as we can tell.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Obviously, directed spell automation works like a charm, but base spell attacks are cumbersome, especially with this functionality no longer in play.

Writing automation for each spell is a non-starter. Would it be possible to either...

A: Add opening various crit charts and dragging result effects to combat tracker and chat box.
    OR
    B: Modify the Table Resolver so that on BAR rolls, a selection area opens allowing the GM to select things like
    1: Select between either rounds per x% failure, or a failure range table (as is listed for certain Force class crit spells)
    2: select applied effect (Stun, Bleed x, Fear, etc.) or applicable Crit table.
    Then drag the RR result (if it failed) onto that and resolve.

That might be a lot of work and, honestly, it's easy enough to just drag rounds of stun or bleed effects from Effects onto the combat tracker.
    However the critical thing is an issue. As it is, the GM has to open the table, visually compare the crit result roll to the table, then manually
    type the code for the various effects into the combat tracker, THEN type the complete crit description into the chat window for the players to see.

Hi Mansquatch62,

Here is the process that I use:
    1. Make sure that anyone using an ability that uses that Table has a Base Attack Spell weapon/attack. From the Spell Law module in the Spell Attacks link, you can drag the Base Attack Spell to the PC's Combat tab or the NPCs Attacks to add it. Then change the OB to their level.
    2. Have the attacker target the appropriate NPC/PC and roll the Base Attack Spell using the Combat Tracker. This will add an entry to the Table Resolver for the attack.
    3. Click the Resolve button on the Table Resolver for the attack. This will open the Base Attack Spell Table and select the correct row based on the roll.
    4. If it isn't a fumble the RR modifier will be selected on the table. You can click the Apply button to apply the RR effect to the target. This will also open the RR table in the bottom section of the Table Resolver.
    5. The target number will be the selected cell in the RR Table. Click the Apply button to apply the RRTarget effect to the target.
    6. In the top left corner of the Table Resolver you should see target with a link to open their sheet. Click the link.
    7. Roll the appropriate RR from the target's sheet after the 2 RR effects have been applied using the Apply button. The RR rolls will be on the Main tab for PCs and the Character tab for NPCs.
    8. The result should be shown in the chat window with a message saying if it succeeded or failed. The failure message will also have the amount the RR failed by.
    9. Open the RM Tables and drag the appropriate critical table to the Table Resolver.
    10. Roll the d100 for the critical and drag the result to the critical table.
    11. Click the Apply button to apply the effects.

Hopefully that clears up any issues you are having with it but please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

AH.
    Thanks Dak. Didn't realize you could just drag various crit tables to the resolver. That works!

For those games that are crunchier, drag the results of the hit and then later, the crit, to the chat window so players can keep track of their XP or just plain see the results(unless you play Fog-style with this info) vs just having them read into the ether.

Hi Majyk,

There is an option in the Combat section that can be turned on to have the description sent to chat when the results from the Table Resolver are applied. It is the bottom option in this image:
    RM Table Results.png

If the RM Table Results: Send description to chat is set to On then the GM won't have to drag the results to the chat. It will happen automatically when a result is applied from the Table Resolver.

The other 2 options in that image are to have the actual effects visible also if the GM is interested in doing that. These are split between Ally (Green) and Non-ally (Yellow and Red).

Hopefully this will speed things up in your games.

Dakadin

If it has never been said enough, Dakadin, the RM community “loves ya’, babee”!

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Every time I think I know this FG ruleset reasonably well, I find something else that I didn't realise it could do. Every day's a school day.

Thread Information