STAR TREK 2d20

Handling Polymorph in FGU

Polymorph, every FGU GMs worst nightmare, unless you're fortunate enough to play D&D 5E, where a brilliant extension exists to handle this.

One of my players has taken this spell and I'm honestly at a loss of how to handle this in the client, because native FGU doesn't really seem to have the tools to properly manage Polymorph (or Baleful Polymorph either). So how do you all do and how well has it worked for you?

I've considered things like using player-controlled NPC sheets (like I do for the summoning spell), but it doesn't consider things like Stamina/damage transfer, and also have several other drawbacks. I've considered custom effects, but that doesn't support movement, sense and skill acquisition while in the polymorphed form.

Let's start with baleful polymorph, since that's easier. This can be handled with effects, pretty expansive ones to be fair, but it can be done.
    Code:
    Baleful Polymorph; AC: -1; ATK: -1; DMG: -1 melee; SAVE: -1 reflex; ABIL: -1 strength; ABIL: -1 dexterity; SKILL: -1 strength; SKILL: -1 dexterity
    this is for first level of the spell. For later levels you need to increase the numbers. From 3rd level onwards the spell can change the size of the creature. To handle this I recommend this extension. I haven't tested this extensively but a first few applications worked for me. At 5th level you can transform the target fully. At that point just make a placeholder NPC that is a Small animal or beast with EAC 10 and KAC 12. You don't need to transfer HP, SP, etc. since you just need to target the NPC placeholder for attack rolls and then target the actual creature with the saves, damage rolls and so on. At 6th level just change the targets sheet since it's permanent anyway.

For polymorph; I recommend using the Allies section (Gear tab) on the casters character sheet and create an NPC entry in there for every form they learn. Whenever they cast polymorph drop the NPC on the CT and they play with both like mentioned above, roll actions/casts against the form and damage against the actual target.
    This is not relevant for 1st level just use effects for that, appropriate to the form.

Let me know if I missed anything, I encourage my players to use other spells because I don't want to deal with them so I'm a little out of practice with them.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Thread Information