DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Letting the Devil Out d6/Conviction

Hiyas,

Would it be possible to color this die differently and/or show what it rolled on a given Trait/DMG test? It is hard to see which die is the Wild Die at times.

Thanks!

PS Also, with ROF or Fanning the Hammer, should the Devil/Conviction Die be rolled with EACH trait die separately or should the die be rolled once and added (as it seems to be in FGU currently)? Seems a bit "all-or-nothing", though at the table I'd have players roll once per action, else it would get crazy confusing fast!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Would it be possible to color this die differently and/or show what it rolled on a given Trait/DMG test? It is hard to see which die is the Wild Die at times.
    All I know is that it's possible, because Damned who develops the MoreCore ruleset has it available for it. IIRC it's not something in the CoreRPG ruleset though, so for it to be there for SWADE it would have had to be added.

PS Also, with ROF or Fanning the Hammer, should the Devil/Conviction Die be rolled with EACH trait die separately or should the die be rolled once and added (as it seems to be in FGU currently)? Seems a bit "all-or-nothing", though at the table I'd have players roll once per action, else it would get crazy confusing fast!
    I didn't play a Harrowed in the 2 DL:WW campaigns I played in, but IIRC "letting the Devil out" was handled in both as 1 additional dice for fanning and ROF. The same way the Wild Dice is handled for those by rolling an additional dice and keeping the best results for a # of dice = ROF. Letting the Devil out allows an additional D6 for damage though and each separate shooting roll deals its own damage, so IMO a D6 should be added to damage for each successful Shooting roll.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    I didn't play a Harrowed in the 2 DL:WW campaigns I played in, but IIRC "letting the Devil out" was handled in both as 1 additional dice for fanning and ROF. The same way the Wild Dice is handled for those by rolling an additional dice and keeping the best results for a # of dice = ROF. Letting the Devil out allows an additional D6 for damage though and each separate shooting roll deals its own damage, so IMO a D6 should be added to damage for each successful Shooting roll.
    Cool, though the d6 for Conviction/Devil die is ADDED to the trait roll, not like the Wild die where it can sub in, that's what I meant by "all-or-nothing". Roll a 16 on that die and it would be +16 to each and every shooting die! Even a 4 or 5 would go a long way to eating penalties, but it can explode! FGU currently rolls it once and adds it to each Shooting die.

Thread Information