FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Limited Magic

Limited Magic

Morning,

Been looking at Low Magic options in FG for Pathfinder.

With some major edits one could manually do it, but has anyone attempted the Limited Magic rule variant.

Table: Limited Magic

Spell Level CL (9)* CL (6) CL (4) Ability Score DC
    0 1 1 -- 10 10
    1 1 1 4 11 11
    2 3 4 7 12 13
    3 5 7 10 13 14
    4 7 10 13 14 16
    5 9 13 -- 15 17
    6 11 16 -- 16 10
    7 13 -- -- 17 20
    8 15 -- -- 18 22
    9 17 -- -- 19 20
    * For a sorcerer, increase the minimum caster level of any spell of 2nd level or higher by 1.

Thanks
    Last edited by dellanx; May 29th, 2022 at 19:13.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

One certainly needs to edit the DCs manually (are you sure their data is correct? Looks wrong sometimes?), the other things are easy to handle manually

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Morning,

Been looking at Low Magic options in FG for Pathfinder.

With some major edits one could manually do it, but has anyone attempted the Limited Magic rule variant.

Table: Limited Magic

Spell Level CL (9)* CL (6) CL (4) Ability Score DC
    0 1 1 -- 10 10
    1 1 1 4 11 11
    2 3 4 7 12 13
    3 5 7 10 13 14
    4 7 10 13 14 16
    5 9 13 -- 15 17
    6 11 16 -- 16 10
    7 13 -- -- 17 20
    8 15 -- -- 18 22
    9 17 -- -- 19 20
    * For a sorcerer, increase the minimum caster level of any spell of 2nd level or higher by 1.

Thanks
    Are you asking how to automate these rules in fantasy grounds, or are you asking if somebody has tried these rules and can share how the game felt like?

For automation. If you use kels extension you can have your spell class as caster level 1, and have effects like
    Iftag: three; cl: 4; dc: 2
    Or have one spellclass for each spell level.
    For npc I dont think you can automate it, but it should not present any problems since I do not think your monsters will cast any spells where caster level and save will have an impact unless it is a high spell level spell relative to the CR.

If you are asking if I have any experience with it, no I do not. But I think these rules make already bad options unplayable for casters and do not hinder some of the better options.
    Like summoning and battlefield control are still extremly good options, and damage builds goes from ok/bad to unplayable with low magic option.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Are you asking how to automate these rules in fantasy grounds, or are you asking if somebody has tried these rules and can share how the game felt like?

For automation. If you use kels extension you can have your spell class as caster level 1, and have effects like
    For npc I dont think you can automate it, but it should not present any problems since I do not think your monsters will cast any spells where caster level and save will have an impact unless it is a high spell level spell relative to the CR.

If you are asking if I have any experience with it, no I do not. But I think these rules make already bad options unplayable for casters and do not hinder some of the better options.
    Like summoning and battlefield control are still extremly good options, and damage builds goes from ok/bad to unplayable with low magic option.
    Indeed, with effects one can adjust it a bit Though it should be also possible for NPCs to use these effects, or what did you mean? (always depends a bit on how the spellclass of the NPC is set-up, I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post

A bit of everything.

Does "three" have yo be entered automatically, in: :Iftag: three; cl: 4; dc: 2" if not that would be a great fix!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

A bit of everything.

Does "three" have yo be entered automatically, in: :Iftag: three; cl: 4; dc: 2" if not that would be a great fix!
    Not sure what you mean by the question.
    For pc I think it would be better to have a spell class for each spell level.

For npc this might work:
    Cl: 1 [-cl]; dc [-CHA]
    Replace cha with int or wis
    The have nine lines of
    Iftag: two; cl: 2; dc: 1
    Iftag: three; cl: 4; dc; 1
    Iftag: four; cl: 6; dc: 2
    Etc etc

That is a lot of effects, and I am not sure if it works since I have not tested it, but it might give you some ideas of how to do it.

A bit of everything.

You probably asked whether the tag three is added to spells automatically? Yes, it is, there is always an automatic custom tag of the spell level it is dropped into (but the operators have to be in caps, so, IFTAG: three; CL: 4; DC: 2; ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    You probably asked whether the tag three is added to spells automatically? Yes, it is, there is always an automatic custom tag of the spell level it is dropped into (but the operators have to be in caps, so, IFTAG: three; CL: 4; DC: 2; ...)
    That is very convenient, thanks!

Thank You!

Thread Information