Starfinder Playlist
    Blog Entries

Unable to Change Token Instances in an Encounter

As discussed and discovered in this thread, we can no longer change the token instances in an encounter.

Summary: Unable to change token image for NPC instance in an encounter

Ruleset(s): 5E, Core RPG

Extensions/Themes: None

Modules Loaded: 5E SRD, None

Operating System / Language Setting: Win 10, English

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create new encounter (or open existing and unlock it)
    2. Add NPC, set quantity to 2 or more
    3. Open Assets, filter for Tokens
    4. drag new token image to NPC instance image
      NOTE: image does not change, it used to.
    5. drag new token to NPC master (row), note it changes

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I can't remember ever being able to change those tokens - the multiple token images are shown just to allow you to drag/drop to the map for placement. If you want different tokens you need to create multiple entries in the encounter and change the token for each entry.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Indeed. The only token you can change is the one to the left of the name of the NPC. You can't and never could change the ones below the NPC line - those are just reference images showing whether the NPC has been placed or not. As Trenloe says you'll need multiple instances of the same NPC if you want different tokens for each.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As Zacchaeus and Trenloe mentioned, you’ve only ever been able to change the left portrait.

If you want different portraits, just drag the NPC to encounter multiple times and set a portrait for each.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks Moon.

I'm going to go see my doctor now about memory supplements...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information