FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Yeah definitely go ask that in house of healing and include a screenshot. That is very odd.

Bayne7400,

As I've been playing, I decided to house rule Monster Reactions from Basic D&D (Moldvay version) and created a table for it. However, I also have been going over the new Swords & Wizardry Revised Complete book and noticed that in the Combat section under Surprise, that it states:

Monsters do not always leap to the attack. Unless they are on the alert for intruders, the Referee may roll 2d6 to determine whether the monsters attack if they surprise the adventurers. On a roll of 2–6, the monsters are hostile and attack; on a roll of 7–9, the monsters withhold judgment and wait to see if the adventurers are hostile; on a roll of 10–12, the monsters have a positive initial reaction to seeing the adventurers and might even be convinced to offer some help — if they are well paid, of course!
    This same quote is also found in the Reference for the Swords & Wizardry - Player Book in Fantasy Grounds. I have not found a table for it, is this something you could add in a future update? I think it is a helpful rule and other might find it useful as well. In the interim, I'll create my own table for it. The only difference between this table and the Moldvay is a 2 is an immediate attack, 3-5 is hostile, 6-8 is uncertain/confused, 9-11 No attack, leaves or considers offers, 12 Enthusiastic friendship. There are pros/cons to both tables.

Nevertheless, you may have a table built for already and I just could not find it. Thanks in advanced!
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Yeah that needs to have a rollable table. Definitely am oversight. I'll try and get it updated

Bayne7400 - a couple of questions on the ruleset.

1. Is there a way to award Experience Points to one Player Character on the Party Sheet for either a quest or encounter? Right now it seems to give equal XP to everyone involved. I sometimes award a PC for good roleplay, mapkeeping, or notes/journals. but want to be able to keep that award on the party sheet.

2. In an adventure yesterday, despite dropping the targeting feature on a NPC the PC would roll "to hit" but it would impact the target. We attempted this numerous times. It happened as well when we had an NPC targeting a PC but the "to hit" roll would impact the PC either. For some reason it self corrected, but this has happened a few times. any insight would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset

You should be able to drag the to amount onto the xp field for the player on the PS

What do you mean by impact? Were you dropping die on a token or ctrl to tarrget?

Ref. the targeting. I had goblins in the Combat Tracker and I would drag the target the Combat Tracker to the map of the PC the goblin was targeting. Then from the Combat Tracker roll "to hit" using a dagger. It would roll and show the results, but it had no target so didn't impact a PC. Impact meaning it did hit or effect the PC, it was just like a random untargeted roll. Same thing would happen when a PC targeted a goblin. They'd roll 'to hit' and the goblin would not be targeted in the roll (not impact or effect on the target).

Normally when a 'to hit' roll is made, in the chat window it shows Assassin "HITS" or "MISSES" Goblin (something like that) Will show.
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset

You need to look on the CT to make sure it is listed as a target. You may have missed the drop.

It will display "Targets: ..." in the summary field of the targeting PC/NPC.

Ref. The experience points. I create an entry in the Quest section. I then drag the red box to the PC sheet nothing happens. I attempted to drop it into the magnifying glass and the XP field as well, nothing happens. If I drop it into the PC picture on the Party Sheet it creates a duplicate of the award, but does not add any XP to the PC.

If I drag the XP number (say 100) from the Quest Award field, instead of the red box, to the XP field on the PC Sheet, it replaces the current XP (say 586) to 100. it does not add it.
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset

Ref. the Targeting. We did ensure that the Goblin or PC was showing as a target on the Combat Tracker. In every case it was on there. I cleared all targets on the map and made sure there was no targets on the Combat Tracker and then added a target once again, but it still did not work. Myself and the players made multiple attempts, and it was not user error.

As I said earlier, it sort of self-corrected, not sure how or why.
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset

You drag the XP award to the XP field for the character on the Party Sheet. I just tested it and it works

Thread Information