STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Swords and Wizardry Complete Rules feedback Thread.

Swords and Wizardry Complete Rules FORGE LINK

The Swords and Wizardry Complete Rules contains the Player, Spells & Magic, Monsters, and Referee Book(s) by Matt Finch. These modules are used with the Free Swords and Wizardry (White Box OSR) ruleset.

FREE Ruleset LINK

This product contains four (4) separate modules.

• The Player Book, with all classes, races, equipment and the basic rules you need to play them game
    • The Monster Book which contains over 150 NPC records and Monster Descriptions broken down by HD. Ready to drag and drop into your game
    • The Referee Book which contains detailed rules for siege combat, mass combat, and ship combat. It also contains Magic item and treasure tables.
    • The Spells and Magic Book. This book contains spells for Druids, Clerics and Magic Users as well as the rules governing magical research. (over 120 spell records and tables)

Please post any feedback to the S&W Core Books to this thread.

Mythmere pushed a small update to the Core Books today. We fixed a few minor typos. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi,

Saving throws do not seem to work as I expected and I am curious why.

With Saving Throw: 11 and bonus +1, I observed the following:

- A minus 1 modifier is applied to the die roll, which is the opposite of how a saving throw bonus works (the aim is to roll high)
    - The roll fails or succeeds based on the un-modified die roll. In this example, a roll of 11 succeeds, even though a result of 10 is shown (due to the minus 1 modification applied).

Expected way of working:
    - the +modifier increases the die roll result
    - the save is made successfully when the modified die roll result is equal to or higher than the ST value

sw saving throw test.jpg

Yup that is right I got got my wires crossed. Ill get this updated today thanks!

Was trying to create a multiclass character, Fighter/Magic User/Thief. The character sheet was only allowing for 2 classes. Am I missing something?

Blog Entries
    From the rules under Elves: "Elven player characters may be Fighter/Magic-Users, Thieves, or Fighter/Magic-User/Thieves."

When multiclassing as a Fighter, the Strength to-hit and damage bonus does not turn on.

Short Bow is missing damage dice.

Long Sword +1 weighs 60 lbs?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I sent Matt an update several months ago to fix those issues in the player book. I will Ping him again.

I'll get the fighter multiclass strength issue updated after the Holiday.

I updated the reference manuals and sent them on to Mythmere Games for upload.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Yup that is right I got got my wires crossed. Ill get this updated today thanks!
    Hi,

Unfortunately, the modifier under "save rolls" does not seem to have any effect.

A suggestion for a minor improvement: on the Abilities tab the Class Abilities section has the list edit buttons, but the Skills section does not. It would be nice to have the buttons for both or for neither, only for consistency (both can be edited with the right-click menu).

And a request: is it possible to use a lighter gray color for the char sheet and the value boxes on the char sheet? I find the black letters and numbers a bit hard to read against the current dark grey background.

Thread Information