DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Swords and Wizardry-White Box OSR ruleset feedback thread

The ruleset pak file can be found here:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/649/view

This file will install in your rulesets folder. This ruleset will allow you to play Swords and Wizardry and three other White Box OSR games.

The game selection is made via the options menu. The three other currently supported games are:

OWB001: WWII: Operation White Box: World War II - DTRPG Link

White Star: White Box Science Fiction Roleplaying - DTRPG Link

Eldritch Tales: Lovecraftian White Box Role-Playing- DTRPG Link

When you select the game you are playing it will change the character sheet, attribute bonuses, and even some rollers. This ruleset should work with all Smite Works supported themes. I personally tested White Star with the store purchased futuristic theme. (still working on the vehicle tab to update ha)

I am working with Myrdin Potter to bring the core books to the Forge for OWB, White Star and Eldritch tales. There will be a separate support thread for each book.

The Swords and Wizardry Core Rules can be found here- Swords and Wizardry Core Rules FORGE LINK (Developed by Bayne and Slayveen aka Deadhand)

Please post any feedback on this thread. I will do frequent updates to address any bugs that may arise.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    OWB is 95% complete. Just cleaning up the rulebook to make the reference manual look a little nicer and fixing a couple of data entry errors for items as such as I learn the ruleset.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Is there any plan to do AAC for Swords and Wizardry? I don't do the descending and hoping to run S&W soon on FG, but can't if it's AAC. Thanks!

I purchased the package and it isn't showing up in Game Systems (rulesets) after a restart and update. Is it an extension to another ruleset?

You purchased the modules. They require the free swords and wizards ruleset. See the first post on this thread.

Blog Entries
    Did you get the ruleset or or rules? There are two different packages.

If it was not free you did not get the ruleset, you got the S&W rulebook and need the rule set as well.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Not sure if I am missing something but when you hover or damage in the weapons it says "HOLD SHIFT FOR DOUBLE DAMAGE" but when i do so and roll it does not double.

it does when you target a monster on the CT. If you drag the result from chat it correctly applies it as well. let me know the steps you are using if this is not working for you. Thanks

dbledamage.jpg

That was the issue, did not have anything targeted in the CT. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    it does when you target a monster on the CT. If you drag the result from chat it correctly applies it as well. let me know the steps you are using if this is not working for you. Thanks

dbledamage.jpg

Thread Information