STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Occluder editing weirdness

I've been seeing a lot of strange behavior with editing occluders lately. Not sure if it's from the last patch, or something earlier. I don't have solid repros for most of what I've been seeing, but I keep running into the following types of issues:

• Intersection points not being properly created/added when drawing occluder rectangles over one another. Doesn't happen all the time.
    • When using the rectangle selection tool, points outside of the selection seem to be added to the selection but not being visually marked as selected. After deleting, undoing the delete, and then reselecting, it works fine.
    • When hitting enter to clear the selection or finish a group action, previously deleted points come back, or unrelated lines between points get deleted (I have a video of this one). In this video I do a rectangle selection of two points, use ctrl-arrow to move the points up a few pixels, and then hit enter to finish the operation and deselect the points, which then deletes an unrelated line and causes some previously deleted points to reappear.

Is anyone else seeing these kinds of issues or is it just me? I feel like the occluder editing code needs a good solid code review.

I had two extensions loaded:
    CSV Table Importer
    FG Dev Tools - Conversion Checker
    Last edited by darrenan; May 19th, 2022 at 18:22.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of strange behavior with editing occluders lately. Not sure if it's from the last patch, or something earlier. I don't have solid repros for most of what I've been seeing, but I keep running into the following types of issues:

• Intersection points not being properly created/added when drawing occluder rectangles over one another. Doesn't happen all the time.
    • When using the rectangle selection tool, points outside of the selection seem to be added to the selection but not being visually marked as selected. After deleting, undoing the delete, and then reselecting, it works fine.
    • When hitting enter to clear the selection or finish a group action, previously deleted points come back, or unrelated lines between points get deleted (I have a video of this one). In this video I do a rectangle selection of two points, use ctrl-arrow to move the points up a few pixels, and then hit enter to finish the operation and deselect the points, which then deletes an unrelated line and causes some previously deleted points to reappear.

Is anyone else seeing these kinds of issues or is it just me? I feel like the occluder editing code needs a good solid code review.

I had two extensions loaded:
    CSV Table Importer
    FG Dev Tools - Conversion Checker
    Thanks for the video. I was able to reproduce from that information.

I am also having weird occluder issues similar to what is seen in that video darennan. For me, when I select some occluders, and click to simplify them, they do get simplified, but when I deselect the ones that are still there to move on to do something else, more occluders populate along the existing lines than had been deleted from the simplification. Also, I drew a circle of occluders with the circle tool, which was made of approximately 40 occluders. When I try to move just one occluder in the circle out of place after the circle had been drawn, I have like 300 new occluders randomly fill in my circle towards the bottom. Haven't yet found any mention of this behavior outside of your post.

Any advice on how to make this not happen would be greatly appreciated

Do you have a video of what you are experiencing? Seeing the exact steps is very useful to figuring out what is going on.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Do you have a video of what you are experiencing? Seeing the exact steps is very useful to figuring out what is going on.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yeah here it is (I am just showing what happens when I move a point, trying to select them is being kind of slow) https://www.loom.com/share/9d32a1b9d...8570173f160129

Blog Entries
    Interesting video, my first assumption is that it looks like their are multiple copies of the circle and other elements on the same place. By chance did you import the LOS elements from something like Dungeon Draft? Or did you create it yourself and can test that you did not create duplicates?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Interesting video, my first assumption is that it looks like their are multiple copies of the circle and other elements on the same place. By chance did you import the LOS elements from something like Dungeon Draft? Or did you create it yourself and can test that you did not create duplicates?
    I did not import the LOS, they were made by me on this map. I also created the map with assets from FG map packs. There are other layers with LOS on them though. I just created a new map with only one layer of LOS, and a similar thing is happening, but, since there is only one layer, I have noticed that new nodes only show up when two lines of LOS cross each other newly after moving an LOS node. The new nodes are created on the new intersections of LOS lines.. is this a glitch or is this supposed to happen?

Blog Entries
    New nodes on intersections is intentional. It's so that the segments can be trimmed etc.
    I know it can be annoying at times when trying to move things and not cause them, but generally it is a good thing to avoid unintentional tiny gaps.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It is well established that there are LoS issues (even with perfect LoS setup on a map). Hopefully, these will get fixed by SW but no matter what you do it is entirely possible for a los issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    New nodes on intersections is intentional. It's so that the segments can be trimmed etc.
    I know it can be annoying at times when trying to move things and not cause them, but generally it is a good thing to avoid unintentional tiny gaps.
    Okay, thanks for the insight LordEntrails!

Thread Information