DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cthulhu seventh edition: Skill list bug

Hi,

Installed FGU last version, along with Masks and Coc 7th ed. Created my first PC without problem (edit skill values from the list, set up weapons, etc). Then, when creating the second character I get a blank skill list, and this error in the log:

[5/19/2022 5:14:39 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_era.lua"]:361: attempt to index a nil value

Also, dragging and dropping a skill does not work and results in the following error:

[5/19/2022 5:26:36 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skilllist.lua"]:172: attempt to index a nil value

When I open the first PC I created without trouble and click on the skill tab, all the skills are there, I can roll the skills from Pc sheet , but a new instance of the same error appears in the log.

I did Check for updates

Hints?

Thanks
    Last edited by zermelo; May 19th, 2022 at 16:32.

Blog Entries
    Welcome zermelo

There does seem to be an intermittent bug that we havent been able to track down.
    Can you locate the db.xml file from this campaign and upload it to this thread?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome zermelo

There does seem to be an intermittent bug that we havent been able to track down.
    Can you locate the db.xml file from this campaign and upload it to this thread?

thanks
    Hi,

What I did was to delete the campaign and create a new one .Fortunately, I was starting the Masks campaign and had not done much work so far. That seems to fix my issue.

Getting the same
    [Timestamp] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_era.lua"]:361: attempt to index a nil value

I was having what I thought were issues with pulp skills showing double, messed up the eras and skills so I tried deleting eras and skills and letting it repopulate. Long story short two frustrating days later I saved the campaign folder and removed and reinstalled FGU, and all the modules etc.

Era still missing Pulp Cthulu Era, so I added manually.

Now when I try to have a character enter a language in the Occupation window as either Lang Own _English__ or Lang Other _Pick one___ both give this error.
    Attached Files Attached Files

After removing and re-adding the extensions, I continue to get an error but its a new error. I failed to capture it, because I quit and restarted (the error happened on the client end not the GM end (I was local host testing.
    After noticing the Era Pulp Cthulhu I had created, and the one from the book had both appeared, I went into the GM and right clicked on the book and did a revert changes. Deleted the era I created but the new error had shown up.
    I restarted again and the error happened again, so I restarted once more. This time I changed from the career it was on to a different career with the same available slot and added lang - other arabic, it worked fine, changed back to original (Occultist) and did Lang - other Arabic and it worked fine as well. So the new error had to be related to the occupation being old after the era problem was resolved by doing revert changes on the module inside "Modules".

Thread Information