FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Big Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by shoebill View Post
    Hi Zarestia,
    Thanks for creating this, I really enjoy how the character sheet looks now.
    Can you make your extension compatible with 5E - Death Indicators (Extended) FGU? When both extensions are used, the Name field overlaps the big portrait, probably because the Death Token occupies some space at the end of that same row.

Here is the link for the Death Indicators extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/8/view
    Nice to hear shoebill and thanks for the information. I've taken a look at the Death Indicators extension and saw a multitude of extension compatibility checks and hard overrides for the name & token fields.
    I'll get into contact with the author.

Found a problem with Polymorphism Extension as well. Same issue with some of the fields overlapping. Sent author a message on the issue.

Edited to add:

Also found same problem with the Mad Nomad's Player Journal 2.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/628/view

If I can make a suggestion. How about giving us an option in the settings where we can turn off big portraits on the character sheet but still have it enabled in chat and the top left until you get a chance to deep dive in to what's causing the issue.
    Last edited by Gezzer; July 1st, 2022 at 10:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezzer View Post
    ..- until you get a chance to deep dive in to what's causing the issue.
    Authors of paid extensions are free to implement solutions in their not to me visible code or send me compatibility code.
    Because the portrait on the charsheet is the main point of this extension I will not create an option to turn it off.

The DI extension will get a compatibility patch after the ruleset updates in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Authors of paid extensions are free to implement solutions in their not to me visible code or send me compatibility code.
    Because the portrait on the charsheet is the main point of this extension I will not create an option to turn it off.

The DI extension will get a compatibility patch after the ruleset updates in 2-3 weeks.
    Okay... it's your product so I guess you can do as you like. Shame really guess I won't be using it then..

Blog Entries
    Okay... it's your product so I guess you can do as you like. Shame really guess I won't be using it then..
    It is not practical to code all extensions so they work with all other extensions. There are too many variables and too little reward for the effort.

At the end of the day when two extensions are in conflict, if one developer is preventing the other one from looking at the code without paying, it is unreasonable to expect the second developer to be responsible for taking point on any conflict resolution. If the first developer wants to collaborate, awesome, that is one of the best parts of the Fantasy Grounds community. If they don't then unfortunately is comes down to the user deciding which extension adds more value to their game. Though painting the second developer as the bad guy in that case is perhaps somewhat unfair.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

I get that. Please don't state the obvious. It only makes you both look condescending. As for painting the developer as a villain, I did no such thing! They had already responded to another post stating they would look into similar issues, and I simply was informing them that there were issues with other add-ons. I suggested that as a stop gap measure they could disable the portion that created the large portrait on the character sheet and IMHO got a pretty rude response back. So I responded in kind. Please crawl back under your respective rocks, I have no intention to continue this, and suggest you do the same.

I get that. Please don't state the obvious. It only makes you both look condescending. As for painting the developer as a villain, I did no such thing! They had already responded to another post stating they would look into similar issues, and I simply was informing them that there were issues with other add-ons. I suggested that as a stop gap measure they could disable the portion that created the large portrait on the character sheet and IMHO got a pretty rude response back. So I responded in kind. Please crawl back under your respective rocks, I have no intention to continue this, and suggest you do the same.
    I wasn't trying to be rude and solely stated that I won't literally double the codebase just to be able to deactivate 80% of the extension.
    I have no monetary interest in my work, I do it first and foremost for my own campaigns and out of passion, no one is obliged to use it.

I don't see why the two mentioned extensions should have a problem with this extension from the youtube videos they provide. I can maybe guess one possibility but wihtout access to the code I can't do anythng about it.

If you still want the slightly bigger chat and topleft portrait, you can try the extension attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zarestia; July 2nd, 2022 at 18:56. Reason: grammar

TEST will force a redesign of the character sheet for anyone using that area. Death Indicators has been rewritten and will no longer conflict in TEST. Polymorphism is a specialized window that triggers off another sheet - that has also been rewritten due to TEST changes. Anything I put out is visible in the code - paid of free - and I tend to put everything based on a common anchor (contentanchor, rightanchor, etc.) relative so that we can all play nice. Still, conflicts happen and sometimes can't be avoided even with generic safe coding.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

v1.1 is live in Forge!

Nearly a complete rewrite of the extension to compensate for the July ruleset updates.
    I have tested with the up to date Death Indicators extension from SilenRuin and everyhting looks fine. Huge thanks to them.

If you find any issues please report in this thread with as much information as you can. Thanks.

Thread Information