DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cash on Hand vs Currencies

Hi,

Can someone please explain the intended use of the Currencies field on the Inventory tab vs the Cash on Hand field on the main tab?

Money given from the Party sheet seems to end up in Currencies, rather than Cash on Hand, which confused my group (and me) as we couldn't work out where it had gone for a bit.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards.

There was a move to consolidate the Currencies behavior across all the various rules systems in CoreRPG, and all rulesets derived from it, in order to add a consistent set of currency behaviors.

Some rulesets had alternate fields that didn't have a clear migration path. (i.e. for Traveller Cash on Hand, anything could be typed in this field.)

I left the interpretation of how to handle these independent fields to the ruleset developers. Going forward, all currency features will be tied into the currency list.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the response, but I'm sorry I don't really understand what that means in the context of the Traveller ruleset.

Are things 'working as intended', and if so what was 'intended'? If not is there a bug and will it be fixed?

I apologise if I sounded rude there but I'm just trying to understand what's going on so I can explain to my group.

Regards,

As part of the development work that we do, we try to consolidate features to make them consistent and usable across rulesets. The currency list is where party sheet distributions and treasure parcels should end up, based on the latest features added to the base system earlier this year.

The Traveller ruleset needs to be updated to remove the Cash on Hand field, in a way that makes sense for the specific system without losing any data. The Traveller ruleset was not developed by our team, but by a community developer (@MadBeardMan). He will need to weigh in on how that field will be migrated into the standard features.

For now, just ignore the Cash on Hand field. It is nothing more than a field that can contain any text you want to type.

Regards,
    JPG

Ah right, thanks. So all the cash will go in Currencies from Party Sheet.

Thanks again for the explanation.

Regards,

Thread Information