5E Character Create Playlist

LFP Star Trek Adventures series of one-shots MON/THU 6 PM UTC, SAT/SUN 2 PM UTC

FG License: Ultimate (players only need the free demo version)

Game System: Star Trek Adventures

Day of week and time: Current options would be MON around 6 PM UTC, THU around 6 PM UTC, SAT around 2 PM UTC or SUN around 2 PM UTC (to clarify: those are the available options; players would need to agree on a specific date).

If new game, planned start date: TBD, depending on when we'll have enough players.

Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hour sessions, around once every two weeks starting out, potentially every week later on.

Term: We'll start out with a few one-shots and see how it goes.

Text or Voice: Either Discord or Teamspeak

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: I’d tentatively say the games will be mostly RP and task resolution, with some regular combat or starship combat sprinkled in (combat usually takes a significant chunk of the session even if there is only a single combat).

Number of Players in game & needed: Ideally I am looking for 4-5 players (four usually works best but there’s always a risk of people not showing, especially with one-shots). I have some players already interested - but not all of them are available at the same dates.

Details of your scenario:

I am planning to run some one-shots of mission briefs to see how viable they are compared to the regular adventures (is there enough content for a session, how much fleshing out do they need, …), especially as large parts of the Shackleton Expanse campaign are only presented in the form of mission briefs.

For those of you not familiar with mission briefs, they are one-page high level outlines of adventures, so longer than one paragraph plot ideas but definitely not as fleshed out as adventures with 15-20 pages.
    While I’ll try to prepare some additional content for a session, these adventures usually do not have detailed paths towards the objective but instead simply rely on story beats. This usually means less railroading but it also means that it’s mainly on the players to drive the story towards its objective.

Part of that is coming up with solutions yourself. As an example: For Engineering, real world application of science is not expected but solutions should be more than the mechanical resolution of “I roll Control + Engineering” – the various technobabble generators do help.

For these reasons, I’d recommend these one-shots more to players that tend to be pro-active and are also willing to come up with plans through discussions with other player characters. Part of that is listening to others but also having some input on your own. Some scenes may be driven by these discussions and may have little to no dice rolls.

I you are interested, I can send you more information about my GM style, player expectations and how to sign up.
    Last edited by stephan_; May 16th, 2022 at 20:42.

Thread Information