DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Is there a way to disable joysticks?

Whenever I try to run FG on the PC that I also use for various flight- and spacesim related games the menu system of FG becomes uncontrollable, because Unity keeps detecting my joysticks and wants to use it in FG.
    I would very much appreciate a setting in the launcher to disable controllers and joysticks, preferably in a menu where you can deselect per device rather than a global on/off switch.

At the moment I either have to unplug all my joysticks or switch to my laptop without any peripherals connected.

Thanks SW!
    Ultimate License Holder
    GMT+1 timezone

Blog Entries
    You should add feature requests to the Wish List.

Unfortunately, I think this one is so niche it's unlikely to be worked on anytime soon. I would suggest you search for an alternate work around. Perhaps the joystick drivers have a per application option?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The added options might be niche, but I don’t see anyone having a use for joysticks within FG, so perhaps a global inhibit flag isn’t hard to pull of and as easy as flicking a switch within Unity’s programming suite.

There is no alternative other than tools like HID hider or unplugging. Which both have disadvantages and frustrations.
    Ultimate License Holder
    GMT+1 timezone

Blog Entries
    The developers ask that feature requests get added to the wish list I linked before, it is too easy for threads to get missed and lost on the forums. It may be as simple as a build switch as you say, I have no idea.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sure thing. I’ll make a request.
    Ultimate License Holder
    GMT+1 timezone

I have problems with gaming devices (1 is a joystick) being detected too, resulting in uncontrollable scrolling in the campaign list or extension list when I click-grab the scroll bar. It only occurs in the launcher though and never within FGU Ultimate. To navigate those lists, I have to click on a campaign or extension item and then scroll with my mouse wheel. Using the scroll bar is not workable. For the longest time I wasn't sure what caused it, but the time I powered down my USB Hub which connects most of my devices and disconnected the 2 I have connected to dedicated USB ports, the uncontrollable scrolling stopped. TBH, I've gotten so used to it that it's become 2nd nature to click an item and then mouse wheel through the list. It'd be nice though, if the Launcher didn't errantly detect my devices.

This problem never occurred with the FGC launcher.

Thread Information