Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How to change monster portraits for campaign encounter

Hello,

As the title says, i'm looking to see how you change out an enemy portrait (this case i'm using lost mines of phandelver encounter) and sub out the goblin portraits for some cool ones I have received from Patreon.

Thanks!

I'm new so please be nice.

Blog Entries
    Welcome!
    Open the encounter, unlock it. Open your Assets, click on Tokens filter, search or browse to your tokens.
    Drag the new/different token to either the row token icon or the instance token icon if you want each NPC instance to have a different token.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome!
    Open the encounter, unlock it. Open your Assets, click on Tokens filter, search or browse to your tokens.
    Drag the new/different token to either the row token icon or the instance token icon if you want each NPC instance to have a different token.
    Thank you! So I managed to change the image of ALL of them, but i'm not understanding what you mean to change them out for each one. I'd like to use 2 "fighter" looking goblins and two "archer" looking goblins for the 4 goblin encounter.

Could you possibly take a look at the image below and maybe draw an arrow to where I need to drag? I tried dragging it over the four goblin portraits with no luck

Thank you in advance!

goblin.png

Blog Entries
    See in your image under the word "Goblin" in the encounter there are 4 images of the goblin? Drag a different token onto one of those images.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

See in your image under the word "Goblin" in the encounter there are 4 images of the goblin? Drag a different token onto one of those images.
    Can you confirm it lets you? Because that's what I've been trying and I've tried other images and dropped them all over the place around the images there of the goblins and it will not change them out

Blog Entries
    goblin.png
    The blue circle indicates where you can change the token for all goblins. The red circles show where you can change individual token instances.

Blog Entries
    Let me grab some images from my FGU. Give me a few minutes to start it up etc.

Let me grab some images from my FGU. Give me a few minutes to start it up etc.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!

I did manage to figure out how to change it out in the combat tracker. So that's probably just as easy i'm assuming.

Blog Entries
    Behavior is changed.... We used to be able to change the token instances. But I just tried it and could not get it to happen. Yes you can do it in the CT as well, was going to point you at that. I'll open a support thread to see if this change in behavior was intentional or not.

Behavior is changed.... We used to be able to change the token instances. But I just tried it and could not get it to happen. Yes you can do it in the CT as well, was going to point you at that. I'll open a support thread to see if this change in behavior was intentional or not.
    Very kind of you! Thank you so much. Please let me know if you hear back anything from them

For now I shall just do it in the combat tracker I guess.

Appreciate you taking the time to help a noob.

Thread Information