FG Spreadshirt Swag

First Time GURPS Setup

Could I get some help on setting up Fantasy Grounds for GURPS the first time? I've been running D&D 5e for a couple years now but don't see how I can get most of the functionality I have in 5e from GURPS. For example, installing the free 4e GURPS ruleset pretty much gives me a character sheet it seems and no actual rulebook that I can see, no list of advantage/disadvantages, etc. It sounds like there is some sort of converter you can get to convert GURPS digital books to Fantasy Ground modules or something but all of that is new to me. Has anyone created a nice set of instructions for setting up GURPS for the first time to run GURPS campaigns with possible alternate sourcebooks if there are no such sourcebooks you can buy from the online store?

Any help from a long time GUPRS player who uses Fantasy Grounds would be appreciated. I really want to try GURPS again but not sure how to make it work in FG.

Good afternoon. For importing characters with full sets of skills, abilities, advantages, disadvantages and equipment etc. you can either use GCS (Gurps Character Sheet), which is free, or GCA (Gurps Character Assistant) which is available for purchase through the Steve Jackson Website. GCA currently evolved from GCA4 to GCA5.

I use GCA5.

You'll want to browse these forums to find other extensions intended for use with the Gurps Ruleset. Yako is one of the primary writers, check out his stuff. Jaxilon has an extension that enables you to set up shops for equipment, pull in skills, and advantages so that you can build a character entirely inside of Fantasy Grounds. I think his stuff only works with GCS and GCA4 right now.

Unfortunately, there is no guide - you'll have to do some reading. But the folks here, are friendly.

Another cautionary note. If you expect the same amount of bangs and whistles using the Gurps Ruleset as you get with DnD5E (which is an officially supported ruleset)m then you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Good afternoon. For importing characters with full sets of skills, abilities, advantages, disadvantages and equipment etc. you can either use GCS (Gurps Character Sheet), which is free, or GCA (Gurps Character Assistant) which is available for purchase through the Steve Jackson Website. GCA currently evolved from GCA4 to GCA5.

I use GCA5.
    Thanks for direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthster013 View Post
    Thanks for direction!
    No problem, keep the questions coming. Have you used GCA or GCS before?

Thread Information