DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink182 View Post
    Agree with Valkyrion. Been using this for a while and it's fantastic.

I found one more small bug. For NPC, statblocks, if they have an encounter power, there seems to always be a space before "Encounter" in the recharge box of the power card which prevents the combat tracker from tracking if it's been used. Very minor and easy to fix on my end but just wanted to bring it up.

Thanks again!
    Thanks for that - can you give an example of one of the NPCs + Powers and I'll take a look in the next day or two?

Quote Originally Posted by skelekon View Post
    Thanks for that - can you give an example of one of the NPCs + Powers and I'll take a look in the next day or two?
    Absolutely.

Feasting Zombie: Clamping Bite Death Chomp power
    Hobgoblin Commander: Hobgoblin Resilience power

Absolutely.

Feasting Zombie: Clamping Bite Death Chomp power
    Hobgoblin Commander: Hobgoblin Resilience power
    v1.4.4 is up on Github
    Added a .strip() to Recharge keywords to fix the issue with spaces impacting Encounter powers.

This parser has worked very well for me, thanks for all of your hard work making and maintaining it! The only issue I have encountered is that adding basic weapons and armor from the sidebar does not automatically update the players stats, but adding the items from Assets -> Items Module worked perfectly.

Do you have plans to parse traps or terrain?

Quote Originally Posted by edwardK View Post
    This parser has worked very well for me, thanks for all of your hard work making and maintaining it! The only issue I have encountered is that adding basic weapons and armor from the sidebar does not automatically update the players stats, but adding the items from Assets -> Items Module worked perfectly.
    I think this is inherent to FG, and probably to do with the different window classes that items can be displayed in.
    From the modules menu, the module creator can specify that mundane armor has class referencearmor, whereas the Items sidebar seems to be populated automatically by FG, and all everything appears in a magic item-type window (item).
    My assumption is that the PC window knows to parse the referencearmor window for 'heaviness' and speed & skill penalties when an item is dropped on it, but not the plain item window.

Mundane weapons seem OK when added from either modules or Items, in that they populate the Proficiency bonus, Damage dice, know to reroll Brutal dice, etc.

Also there is a way of combining magic item templates with mundane items in order to craft specific magic items (e.g. Armor of Escape +1 plus mundane Chainmail gives Chainmail of Escape +1). There's a youtube linked from this thread by the user that made the video.

Do you have plans to parse traps or terrain?
    Traps are probably doable, as they are a type of NPC template. They can be dropped onto the Combat Tracker and then onto the map, giving access to targeting, attack & damage rolls, etc.

I don't think there's any template for Terrain items - I had a look in some of the DDI-imported modules, and they either don't import Terrain, or import it as plain text for reference. This lets you drop them on the map as a reference pin, but with no other interactions.

I have noticed a bug this week, where Augment X headings are not displaying on Psionic powers, so I intend to fix that in the next day or two - I might look at the Traps stuff once I've done that. I haven't made any updates for a couple of months.

v.1.4.5 is up on Github - fixes missing 'Augment X' heading on augmentable powers.

Should be fully backwards-compatible if you are already using a Powers module - just download the updated module_maker.exe, recreate the module containing PC Powers ('4E PC Options' by default) and replace the .mod file in FG /modules.

Will have a look at exporting Traps next.

Quote Originally Posted by skelekon View Post
    v.1.4.5 is up on Github - fixes missing 'Augment X' heading on augmentable powers.

Should be fully backwards-compatible if you are already using a Powers module - just download the updated module_maker.exe, recreate the module containing PC Powers ('4E PC Options' by default) and replace the .mod file in FG /modules.

Will have a look at exporting Traps next.
    Thanks for this! Just ran into this week.

Keep up the great work. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for this! Just ran into this week.

Keep up the great work. I really appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Have added new -T option to export Traps and Hazards.

New version 1.5.0 is up on Github.
    Also new run_all.bat which has the command to export traps to a separate library.

It seems to be pretty solid - report any issues here, no matter how trivial.

(I have removed the static="true" reference from the <library> tags, which means that Monsters, Traps and Items can be unlocked and edited - I don't know if there are any adverse impacts from doing this.)

You can also find me on the Fantasy Grounds & D&D 4e Discord servers.
    Last edited by skelekon; October 16th, 2022 at 05:51. Reason: updated Github link to always be the latest version

The new version is working great for me! The -T flag export worked and the traps are all working for me in game, I really appreciate you adding those. I also like unlocking the NPCs, makes it easier for me to add art to the base NPC.

The new version is working great for me! The -T flag export worked and the traps are all working for me in game, I really appreciate you adding those. I also like unlocking the NPCs, makes it easier for me to add art to the base NPC.
    Thanks.
    I'm working on a new update to include Backgrounds/Heroic Themes/Paragon Paths/Epic Destinies. It's mostly done - just need to do the Backgrounds.

I found out while working on this that the static="true" clause supresses the empty description boxes that appear on Races/Classes/Heroic/Paragon/Epic description cards.
    So I will probably reinstate that clause just because it looks cleaner - I can add a new command line switch to suppress it if you like.
    Otherwise you can open the .mod file with any zip utility and edit the <reference> tag to add & remove that clause as desired.

After that I think all that's left are Diseases, Poisons, Mounts and Familiars and that should be everything that was in the original DDI extract mods.
    (The actual Mounts are listed under "Items - Equipment" but there's a special list type just for mounts that lists travel speeds and stuff I would like to try out.)

Thread Information