DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dice Expressions, "Desktop Dice Can Ace" Setting. Questions.

Trying to use dice expressions and they seem to have some behavior that I'm not sure whether it's intended.

Example: using the /die command, based on these sources:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oll-with-Acing

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...1/Rolling+Dice

My goal was to make an ad-hoc trait roll at a d6 with a wild die. Using the sources listed above I used the expression "(dX!+bX!)k1" in the form from the chat window "/die <dice string> <message>":

"/die (d6!+b6!)k1 Assembly Reaction"

That should roll 2 Aceable d6 and keep the highest one (and showing one of the dice as a different color to represent the wild die. For some reason, the following occurs:

• It was just adding both and giving a die name of "2d6" above the output in the chat box.
    • I tried turning off the "Desktop Dice Can Ace" setting, and now it seems to roll properly, but it says the dice expression above the output.
    • The message does not show regardless of having GM rolls shown or hidden.
    • The "wild die" using b6 won't ace. Tested with a single bX! expression as well. dX! will explode, bX! will not.

1. Is the ! ace part of the expression expected to not work with the "Desktop Dice Can Ace" setting on?
    2. With the "Desktop Dice Can Ace" setting off, why is bX not exploding?
    3. What am I doing wrong to not get the message to show when I roll (in this case, "Assembly Reaction" represents a spirit roll to determine a groups reaction to a persuasion test).
    3. Is there an easier way to do on-the-fly dice rolls if I need to emulate an Aceable throw with a wild die?

Any ruleset specific coding will not interact with the built-in client dice rolling; as there are no options to disable/modify the built-in dice behaviors.

For Savage Worlds, the default acing is handled in the game system ruleset code; so it can be turned on/off.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information