Starfinder Playlist

Reference Book Builder ROCKS!!!!

Yes, I am way late to the table - but I just wanted to speak my appreciation for whoever coded that now built in utility. Back in the day, I left that work until "the end" which I never reached after seeing how labor-intensive it seemed. Then some folks Ikael? did a great helper utility if I recall (I think it was part of one of the big utility mods for SW) that made me consider finally doing it.

Then I searched on the forum the other day on tools for making one to find it and found it had something built in. I read the tutorial and BLAMMO - I actually completed a refence book (only ~20 pages but with banners and images and other art/text/links.) It was really PAINLESS! Thanks so much.

On a related topic, I grabbed some character name jpgs for the "List of pregen PCs" that I extracted fromt he PDF to use at the start of the stat blocks. It all worked out great. Only, I wondered if there was a way to import art (or manually add it somewhere in xml) but NOT have it show up in "images" at all. Not because players shouldn't see it - but because I added 11 jpgs named things like: "Label: Joe Smith", "Label: Veronica Winters", etc top go along with the "Joe Smith" and "Veronica Winters" jpgs which are pictures of those PCs and I think has value in the IMAGES collection. So basically I am asking if I can filter some just not to clutter with so many images I added solely to make the Reference Book look spiffy. I figure in the future with bigger ref books I might have this issue in even larger scale. So best ask now.

Also, another thought hit me - any way to either code in or paste in a "page background" to use instead of the plain paper (which looks great already - just asking to theme it for some things)?

Is there a way to add more frame types to the frame clicky option when adding text blocks?

(Some of this might be in later docs, but have paused and jumped right in to finish the module.)

For images (and I'm not sure I wholly understand the question to be honest) if you drag the image directly from assets and drop it in an image block then that assets is 'locked' and doesn't show in the images list and can't be clicked on to open it. Normally you would open the preview and click on add to campaign and then drag that into the image block and that then becomes an image in the image list and can be clicked on. Dragging from assets creates a 'reference image' which doesn't show up in the image list and is useful for things like logos etc which you don't really need to show up on the image list.

You can add more frame types but it would require an extension. There's not a way to change the page background except if you change the theme. Of course you could present every page as a frame type which brings you back to adding more frame types.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Yeah - I add frames that are designed to be backgrounds - it means a single frame per page but still works well.
    I add them via extension or into the ruleset if its one of mine.

Thanks - yes, that was the question - I had recently watched your video on importing images so I used that "import" button. Normally I added them in the xml. I will do it through assets and fix the issue I was having. Thanks

I might look into a frame since I already have one that is the background supplied in the PDF and I will see how it looks - but later (there will be an extension connected to this in any event so I might go there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    For images (and I'm not sure I wholly understand the question to be honest) if you drag the image directly from assets and drop it in an image block then that assets is 'locked' and doesn't show in the images list and can't be clicked on to open it. Normally you would open the preview and click on add to campaign and then drag that into the image block and that then becomes an image in the image list and can be clicked on. Dragging from assets creates a 'reference image' which doesn't show up in the image list and is useful for things like logos etc which you don't really need to show up on the image list.

You can add more frame types but it would require an extension. There's not a way to change the page background except if you change the theme. Of course you could present every page as a frame type which brings you back to adding more frame types.

Is there a way to insert spaces (in any form) before a stat block, for example sit it looks like:

Code:
    Blah, blah, blah ....   wrjweijwrklrwjrklqwejrwkljrewlkjrw
    rjewkrjwelkrwejlrkwejrweljkrelwkjrewljkrewlkjrewklrjewklrjew
    ejrewlkrjewrlkwjrewlkjrwrjlwkrjwelkrew

Attributes: Agility d6, Fighting d4, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Skills: Boating d4, Fighting d4, Intimidation d4, Investigation d6, Knowledge (Banking) d6, Notice d6, Persuasion d8, Shooting d4, Swimming d4, Taunt d4

Charisma: +2 Pace: 6 
        Parry: 4 Toughness: 4

Hindrances: Big Mouth, Stubborn, Yellow

Edges: Attractive, Rich

Equipment: Baseball Bat (Str+d4)
    Btw - I tried to insert by hand after the <p> a bunch of nonbreaking spaces: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    Boy was that a BAD THING(tm) it came up with an error and blanked out my entire reference manual Luckily I had a backup not that far off in content.

There's no sort of layout like that in the reference manual code. You can probably stick it in a separate text section with a frame; if you need to separate it visually.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks - good tip

Thread Information