STAR TREK 2d20

Beta 4.2.0: Paint tool: Delete Selected Points doesn't update drawing immediately

When removing points with "Delete Selected Points" (or pressing Backspace), the points are removed but the drawing remains until you interact with the image in some way (e.g. attempting to select more points).

To recreate in a new 5E campaign
    1. Open Image
    2. Paint Tool > Rectangle (not important which tool), draw a rectangle, then switch to Edit tool: Capture.jpg
    3. Delete one point with "Delete Selected Points": The point is removed but the image isn't updated: Capture2.jpg
    4. Select the remaining points, the image now updates
    5. Delete the remaining points with "Delete Selected Points": again the points are removed but the image isn't updated: Capture3.jpg

FGU Beta v4.2.0
    5E v2022-04-09
    Attached Images Attached Images

This appears to also happen with "Remove Selected Points"

Thanks for all the detailed reports so far.

I wasn't able to recreate this one, so I'm wondering if I'm doing things differently than you are at some step.

Regards,
    JPG

I must be missing some step, now I'm not able to recreate it consistently in a new campaign. Thanks for looking at it, I'll update if I can figure out what I did before.

I am seeing an issue when using "Remove Selected Points" (Backspace) with a rectangle. If I remove each point one at a time, it will leave one point with a line and the point can be moved independently of the line: Capture.jpg

1. New Image
    2. Paint Tool > Rectangle
    3. Draw Rectangle
    4. Select 1 point and remove it with "Remove Selected Points" or Backspace
    5. Remove 2 additional points one at a time, leaving one remaining
    6. The last point remains and can be moved away from the line
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks. I've filed the newer one.

JPG

For the issue in OP, it's definitely intermittent. When it does happen, restarting FG seems to fix it for awhile.

After restarting FG, I was able to recreate again with the following steps:
    1. New 5E campaign
    2. Open new image
    3. Paint Tool > Draw a rectangle (going top right to bottom left)
    4. Edit Mode > Select and Delete the bottom left point (pressing Delete key)
    5. Undo delete (CTRL+Z)
    6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the issue occurs. This happened on the 16th iteration in both my tests.
    7. After this, repeat and it'll happen again intermittently

Thanks again for all the feedback. We really appreciate it.

I was able to recreate the issue with this new set of steps on the Test version; but it appears to be fixed as part of other updates in the internal build. We'll have to revisit once I get a chance to make another build in the next day or so.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information