DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can I make a 5e Mod open in PF1e?

....Without using the Universal Mod Ext.

Let me explain. the Universal Mod Ext is great but we no longer need it (DM has transferred everything he wants) and it adds SO much to the library, we prefer to turn it on only on an as needed basis. BUT we figured out that 1 very important ext that also has a Mod that goes with it must designate the Mod as 5e only (we are now using PF1e) and the ext requires the mod to also be loaded. I let the developer know that the Mod does not show up in PF, but he is having some RL things to deal with and I DO NOT want to bug him. But our DM also Needs this ext to work or it will really interrupt play (ultimately he will turn Universal mod back on but is concerned that may now break things at this point as well).

So, is there a way to edit the Mod file that is seen in 5e fine and worked in PF when universal mod was on so it will open in PF1e?

EDIT
    Answer in Post 2 worked for me.
    Last edited by Morenu; May 4th, 2022 at 23:59.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

If you have access to be able to edit the module, change the <ruleset> tag in the definition.xml file. Some info here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...File-Structure
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

**** EDIT: I just realized you were talking about a module not an extension.... sorry. I don't know how to delete a posted message, so please disregard my potentially inaccurate advice. What I wrote below would be true for an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    So, is there a way to edit the Mod file that is seen in 5e fine and worked in PF when universal mod was on so it will open in PF1e?
    Edit the extension.xml file and look for the "ruleset" line. If there is only one for "5e" you could just delete the line and then the extension will be avaialble for any ruleset. Of course, there might be things in the extension that rely on Lua objects that only exist in 5e, but it is an easy enough thing to try.

If there are multiple ruleset lines already, you could add a new one for PF1 into the properties section of the extension.xml file, like so:
    Code:
    <ruleset><name>PFRPG</name></ruleset>
    But again, there might be a technical reason the extension is only enabled for 5e and you might encounter errors popping up in the console when you load the extension for PF1. You'd then have to track down the root cause of them.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by MostTornBrain; May 4th, 2022 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by MostTornBrain View Post
    **** EDIT: I just realized you were talking about a module not an extension.... sorry. I don't know how to delete a posted message, so please disregard my potentially inaccurate advice. What I wrote below would be true for an extension.

Edit the extension.xml file and look for the "ruleset" line. If there is only one for "5e" you could just delete the line and then the extension will be avaialble for any ruleset. Of course, there might be things in the extension that rely on Lua objects that only exist in 5e, but it is an easy enough thing to try.

If there are multiple ruleset lines already, you could add a new one for PF1 into the properties section of the extension.xml file, like so:
    Code:
    <ruleset><name>PFRPG</name></ruleset>
    But again, there might be a technical reason the extension is only enabled for 5e and you might encounter errors popping up in the console when you load the extension for PF1. You'd then have to track down the root cause of them.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Lets keep it here for informational purposes.

As for the module, have you tried this extension?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension

You can open the module, but understand it's best for just the story entries and maps. Ruleset specific records like items and npcs won't work and throw errors in most cases.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    As for the module, have you tried this extension?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension
    The OP wants to know how to do it without that extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Apologies, quickly scanned it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Hey Everyone, Thank you for all the replies. I went with Trenloe's suggestion and that did the trick.

Thanks everyone
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information