FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Break any laws?

Break any laws?

I'm not very knowledgeable about laws and usage rights, but would I be breaking any laws by posting such a module for Call of Cthulhu 7E?

screenshot0001.png

Unless you have permission from the person or persons who own the copyright of the images, yes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zaccheus, Images are royalty free and no mention is required.

Then sounds like you are ok.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just to avoid future potential questions you might state the images are public domain or whatever even though you don't need too.

So, I think that then I would have to trust the selected filters while looking for the names, but then whether or not it is in fact I can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    So, I think that then I would have to trust the selected filters while looking for the names, but then whether or not it is in fact I can't say for sure.
    My advice on images: if finding images through a search engine, don't trust the filters. Look at EACH website where you find images and make sure the WEBSITE says they are royalty free. There are some good and reliable free royalty-free image sites. Then, when making a module, make a list of images and where you found them, in case there are questions later.

Blog Entries
    Royalty Free does not mean Public Domain. Royalty Free can mean that once you have bought the image you can use it without paying royalties per usage or per viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Royalty Free does not mean Public Domain. Royalty Free can mean that once you have bought the image you can use it without paying royalties per usage or per viewer.
    Which is why I mentioned "free". But yes, "public domain" images are a better search term, but still one has to be careful. I've seen some "public domain sites" that had some content I had doubt about.

Pexels is a good site.
    Unsplash is no longer public domain, but their license ALMOST public domain.
    https://unsplash.com/license

Actually Damned I got confused with Royalty Free and Public Domain and thanks for the link Similarly.

Thread Information