STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Action tracking

Action tracking

I have players that struggle to understand what actions they have taken. Is there any module for tracking the available actions taken for 5e. Such as Move, Action, Bonus Action, Reaction?

There is a tick box on the CT to record when a reaction is taken. Otherwise everything else happens during their turn. There's nothing that records movement actions or bonus actions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah. I noticed that. The issue is really around understating what actions take the general action, what fit in the movement, what takes bonus etc… and when they get used understanding they are used and you can’t add another action. Also readying actions for a later reaction. Lol.

No worries, this was what I thought. I was thinking of something simple they could check off even as a reminder as they planned their turn and did their stuff to make sure they didn’t forget something, like bonus for instance.

Blog Entries
    Players can add a reminder to the action name, such as (A), (B), (R) to help them remember what type each action is.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I provide my players with the following link to get used to understanding what fits into where, and then ultimately, I'm still the DM to help them, so when they forget I just remind or help here and there.

https://crobi.github.io/dnd5e-quickr.../quickref.html

Each of those actions are clickable for some additional information too. I need to find the person who made it and buy them a beer\wine.

i was about to suggest the exact same link as BaneTBC

It would be amazing if there was some type of rudimentary Action economy tick boxes, even as simple as the one used for 'reactions'. Even more amazing would be the ability to treat them as charges per round, and have effects that use them up per turn, only to reset the following round. I'm wondering if anyone has come of with some workarounds/extensions in game, to keep track of action, reaction, movement, bonus and use object. Again, just having little tickboxes like reaction would probably be good enough. Sometimes you walk away or just plain forget when continuing a session/fight. Would love to see this baked into the combat tracker, with new effects to drain action/bonus charges -- but i can definitely understand why i wouldnt want to implement it as a dev, with the dynamic nature of things. Anyways,

Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    It would be amazing if there was some type of rudimentary Action economy tick boxes, even as simple as the one used for 'reactions'. Even more amazing would be the ability to treat them as charges per round, and have effects that use them up per turn, only to reset the following round. I'm wondering if anyone has come of with some workarounds/extensions in game, to keep track of action, reaction, movement, bonus and use object. Again, just having little tickboxes like reaction would probably be good enough. Sometimes you walk away or just plain forget when continuing a session/fight. Would love to see this baked into the combat tracker, with new effects to drain action/bonus charges -- but i can definitely understand why i wouldnt want to implement it as a dev, with the dynamic nature of things. Anyways,
    The problem with this is that it's too rigid. Certain spells, actions by other players and a host of other stuff can allow a character that's already used their action another action or another attack or whatever. Also remembering to tick the box is something which will probably never happen. But the best plave to add these kinds of suggestions is in the wish list. Link is in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information