STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: quickbar issue

quickbar issue

Another question:
    One char put combat (figthing) and damage on 2 separate slots of the quickbar.
    But when he press the hotkey (with a target selected) dont work. but if he drag from the combat tab in the char sheet it works.
    We are doing anything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by garbulus View Post
    Another question:
    One char put combat (figthing) and damage on 2 separate slots of the quickbar.
    But when he press the hotkey (with a target selected) dont work. but if he drag from the combat tab in the char sheet it works.
    We are doing anything wrong?
    Very vague description.

Also this is not a Savage Worlds question it is a general Fantasy Grounds Unity (I am assming Unity with your 4 posts and registration date) - so you should post your questions there https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Healing-Unity

Please provide more information when you do. Thanks.

I think it's fine to post an issue in the forum of the ruleset you're using. If it turns out to be a general issue then that's OK. But good to start with the ruleset that you're using.

And, in this case, it does appear to be an issue related to the Savage Worlds ruleset. Doing some testing - you can't drag a weapon attack or damage action from the Combat tab of the PC to the hotkey bar - I'm not sure if this is by design or not. EDIT: See post #4 below for the scenario when this won't work (i.e. if the PC has any targets assigned).

@garbulus - you can add the Fighting trait action roll to the hotkey bar, but this doesn't use targeting (as you note) and isn't designed to, using Fighting from the Traits tab of the PC sheet doesn't use targeting either.

Until we get an official dev response to see if not allowing combat actions (attack and damage) in the hotkey bar is by design, the player will have to use the attack and damage actions from the Combat tab - either using drag/drop or assigning a target and double-clicking the action.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 1st, 2022 at 17:30.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This has been supported for awhile. Savage Worlds tutorials suggest doing this.

If the character you're trying to hotbar has a target selected in combat tracker, the hotbar drop won't work. It has to do with how the CT code handles dropping attacks and damage when something's already targeted.

So, to make this work, make sure the character has no targets selected. The character can have the current turn marker, but not targets. And aim with the hand rather than the dice when dropping onto the hotbar. (It can be tricky to aim.)
    If it helps, plop something into the hotbar space that's easy to drag and drop, like an image or the weapon item link. Then replace it with your character's attack. When the dragging hand hovers over the existing link button, a popup will appear. That's how you know you're on target for the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    If the character you're trying to hotbar has a target selected in combat tracker, the hotbar drop won't work. It has to do with how the CT code handles dropping attacks and damage when something's already targeted.
    That was the reason for my test not working - thanks for the detailed feedback.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks.
    I will try it at home and give feedback.

Thread Information