STAR TREK 2d20

Help with Power Effect

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to handle a power's effect and am not sure the best way to go about it.

The power is Heroic Effort:
    Trigger: user misses an attack or fails a saving throw
    Effect: You gain a +4 racial bonus to the attack roll or the saving throw.

Fantasy Grounds will parse this as ATK: 4 racial; SAVE: 4 racial which seems correct. However, the most likely scenario when a player will use this will be after they have already rolled their attack and if they try to drag the result onto the target after receiving this effect, the effect doesn't apply. It seems the effect would only apply on any new rolls.

Is there a way to "re-trigger" the attack with the same roll as before? Is there anything I'm misunderstanding here that would help?

Thanks!

Someone more experienced may know a better way, but I think this is probably just up to the DM to arbitrate and tell the player whether they hit (and can then make a damage roll from the character sheet, retargeting the enemy if required).

Or for saves to just remove the effect(s) if the player turned a failed save into a successful one.

Ok. We've been managing it with modifiers so far. I was just hoping there was a better way to do it.

Thanks!

There isn't a way to automate this as far as I'm aware. For the attack once you have missed and want to use the ability then you can add the +4 to the modifier box and drag the attack from the chat and drop it onto the target. This will recalculate the attack. For the saving throw this doesn't work so you would need to arbitrate that manually.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information