FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Immelmann when you persist in behaving like a child you will be treated like one.
    Your posting privileges are revoked for 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbird View Post
    Ranting aside....@ Dakadin an option for randomizing NPCs HPs would be very handy. A button on the encounter would be a very welcome addition. I'll add it to the wish list.

Now I've got my post count up I guess I can go to bed...

Rainbird (and breath)
    Hi Rainbird,

Yes, it is a good idea even if I don't like the way it came up. It shouldn't be that hard to implement and I already have a couple ideas on how I could do it. I will see about getting it added.

Dakadin

Rainbird, in the interim, I believe the workaround that was hinted at was as follows:

1. Open the Encounter
    2. Click the Add Encounter to Combat Tracker
    2A. This actually creates multiple copies of the NPCs that have more than one for their quantity.
    3. Open the NPC sheet from the CT (the red Iron Crown to the right of the CT entry)
    4. Click on the Other tab and roll the Level and Constitution boxes, you'll need to do both from what I discovered.
    5. Enter the roll results in the appropriate box on the Other tab and it will give you the modifications.
    6. What it shows for Hits, enter into the Hits field on the Main page of the NPC, same with the Level box on the Main page.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Rainbird, in the interim, I believe the workaround that was hinted at was as follows:

1. Open the Encounter
    2. Click the Add Encounter to Combat Tracker
    2A. This actually creates multiple copies of the NPCs that have more than one for their quantity.
    3. Open the NPC sheet from the CT (the red Iron Crown to the right of the CT entry)
    4. Click on the Other tab and roll the Level and Constitution boxes, you'll need to do both from what I discovered.
    5. Enter the roll results in the appropriate box on the Other tab and it will give you the modifications.
    6. What it shows for Hits, enter into the Hits field on the Main page of the NPC, same with the Level box on the Main page.

Yeah this is how I do it now if I'm dealing with say just one creature.

Dakadin I'm wondering if it would be possible to simply (figure of speech...) automate that roll and have it adjust each iteration for Hits and Exaustion Points in the CT accordingly? Probably would be good to have a toggle in the Options too, as some GMs will be happy with the stock numbers.

Dakadin has been amazing in maintaining this ruleset and implementing a number of QoL improvements over the years, including everything I've suggested that has been feasible. Occasionally the pace is slow, but let's face it, everyone has more than a full plate dealing with the rest of what life throws our way and we all have to prioritize appropriately.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Rainbird,

Yes, it is a good idea even if I don't like the way it came up. It shouldn't be that hard to implement and I already have a couple ideas on how I could do it. I will see about getting it added.

Dakadin
    Thanks Dakadin, as ever, much appreciated.

And thanks to Sulimo and JD for the pointers on a workaround.

Regards

Rainbird

I added an option to the Combat section, Add: NPC Random Level and Hits. If set to On, it will randomize the level and hits of NPCs using the rules in C&T when they are added to the combat tracker. I also added Maximum Exhaustion to NPCs on the Character tab under the RRs and it will figure out the exhaustion modifier based on the results of the random level and hits. Here is a screenshot of an encounter with 6 fell beasts added to the combat tracker and showing fell beast 2's exhaustion on the NPC sheet and combat tracker.

Note: It will only randomize the level and hits if the Level Code and Constitution fields contain a letter code.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dakadin; May 11th, 2022 at 07:51. Reason: Added the Note

Dakadin thanks for the update.

I've just finished a session of RMC and couldn't see the option? Is it in test?

Rainbird
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am still testing it so haven't turned it in yet. I have a couple more days to make sure there aren't any issues. It should be released this Tuesday and usually gets pushed to the test channel on Fridays. Here is a screenshot of the option so you will be able to find it once it is available.
    RMC NPC Random Level and Hits.png

This is now live.

Rolemaster Classic (Rolemaster Classic)

• [Added] Option to Randomize NPC Level and Hits

Thread Information