STAR TREK 2d20

Issue with NPC spell slots displaying

See the attached screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 120858.jpg

When an NPC casts a spell at a player the players can see how many spell slots that NPC has available. I could hide GM rolls to stop this happening, but I don't want to hide the results of GM rolls.
    Is there an option (or extension) to hide the NPC spell slot info from players? They shouldn't know how many spell slots an NPC has left.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    That is the text that is in the source book. Its not how many slots the NPC has left, rather its the number of slots the NPC started with.

Blog Entries
    Still probably not desirable. I hadn't noticed this before, it is for all NPCs or just specific ones? I'll pay attention later and see what's up. I'm guessing it comes from the number of slots being listed in the spell level description for some/all NPs?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So my guess was that the parser had changed behavior. I opened up the same NPC card, and I see the slot # references in the spell titles.

As an experiment I dragged a new spell over - but it did not get added with the slot #. Odd.
    So step 2, I removed all the spell descriptions, leaving the only references as the names listed under Trait > Spellcasting.

Expected behavior in the past was that when you close/open a card after removing all the spell details, it would repopulate them when you re-opened the NPC card. When I re-opened there was a half-second pause and it did indeed repopulate - but without the slot # references.

So assuming SW did not manually update the title of every spell under every NPC...where in the world is the slot # reference even coming from? I can see this being great info for the DM trying to juggle multiple opponents, but it is a bit of an 'over-share' with the players.

I haven't checked all NPCs as there are hundreds, but a quick look shows that spell casting NPCs from the following all seem to give this output...

Monster Manual
    Volo's Guide
    Mordenkainen's
    Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
    Call from the Deep

so, it does look like it's being parsed from somewhere. The info is not in the spell description under the NPC, but appears when its added to the Combat Tracker.

Hope that helps!

Additionally innate spells report the number of casts per day in the chat box (see below).
    Screenshot 2022-04-27 164829.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDodger View Post
    I can see this being great info for the DM trying to juggle multiple opponents, but it is a bit of an 'over-share' with the players.
    This is my thought too. It's not the end of the world, and the info is useful for the DM, but it was actually my players who pointed out to me that they could see it and probably shouldn't be able to!

It sounds like the code changed recently (I suspect to take account of the new format of spells moving to actions rather than being in traits). It certainly never used to give out this kind of information so I suspect an unintended consequence.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information