DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adding Custom Weapon Types

I am trying to add some custom weapon types to the Fallout 2d20 ruleset. I found this forum: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ge-types/page2 that had what looked to be a simple method to add damage types. I edited the extension to work with Fallout 2d20 and changed the code to my best guess as to the weapon type table list, put in my custom weapon types, and nothing. The extension is there and activatable when loading the campaign, but has no effect on the campaign. How would one go about figuring out the actual list name that I need to add these custom weapon types to?

Quote Originally Posted by banesorka View Post
    I am trying to add some custom weapon types to the Fallout 2d20 ruleset. I found this forum: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ge-types/page2 that had what looked to be a simple method to add damage types. I edited the extension to work with Fallout 2d20 and changed the code to my best guess as to the weapon type table list, put in my custom weapon types, and nothing. The extension is there and activatable when loading the campaign, but has no effect on the campaign. How would one go about figuring out the actual list name that I need to add these custom weapon types to?
    There is usually an xml file in the ruleset data defining the weapon groups and so on But I am not sure whether one can access the Fallout ruleset code; you may need to contact the developer directly (Smiteworks themselves in this case, I think)

Yes, the ruleset is in the vault and password protected. Thanks for the info!

Moved this to the Fallout forum.

This has been already expanded in the Fallout ruleset. Please update and check for the new bow weapon type and factoring of the new damage effects from the wanderer's guide.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    This has been already expanded in the Fallout ruleset. Please update and check for the new bow weapon type and factoring of the new damage effects from the wanderer's guide.
    I see that the Wanderer's Guide types have been added, but I would like to add more custom types, and even change some of the layout of the fields for the new custom types.

Thread Information