DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Rule PDFs

Rule PDFs

I'm a long-time Rolemaster player and I'm going to give Fantasy Grounds a whirl. How do you all get copies of the rules to newer players? Are there PDFs for download/purchase somewhere that I can direct folks to?

Grim

Blog Entries
    Outside of Fantasy Grounds they would need their own copies of the rule content (FG content is not accessible outside of FG, i.e. is not .pdf). If you, as GM, have the ruleset/content, they would have access to that content when they are actually connected to your campaign.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Being an old-school player, I have physical copies of the books but some of my new players don't. Are there .pdfs built into Fantasy Grounds that I've overlooked?

The Modules are in Fantasy Grounds format, not pdfs.

If you want PDFs for Rolemaster Classic, try Drivethru RPG.

Rolemaster Classic Arms Law
    Rolemaster Classic Character Law
    Rolemaster Classic Spell Law
    Rolemaster Classic Creatures and Treasures

NOTE: If you have the old RM1/2 books, RMC is largely the same with some tweaks here and there. So if you and your players are familiar with RM1/2, RMC in Fantasy Grounds will be easy to pick up.

As @Sulimo and @GunnarGreybeard mention - all of the data is available within Fantasy Grounds. The players can access that data when they're connected to the GM - so the GM needs to own the content and have their FG campaign running.

To get an idea of what the content looks like in Fantasy Grounds, look through the screenshots of the various RMC products in the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...search=&sort=1
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I found it, thanks! There's a LOT of buttons to go through!

Dumb question number 2 - creating a character and buying a skill (spells, maneuvering in armor, etc) where a character can buy unlimited ranks. I keep getting a script execution error when I buy even a single rank. Is this a known bug?

Blog Entries
    I have the FG Rolemaster Classi Ruleset but it's been years since I loaded it (iirc, includes Character Law) and I'd be willing to load it up and let you connect to look around (if you don't already have it). I have an ultimate license so you would only need the FGU Demo to connect. Also, I would say, but not 100% sure, if Rolemaster Classic has a quickstarter rules pdf you could provide them that so they could learn the basics?
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold11 View Post
    I found it, thanks! There's a LOT of buttons to go through!
    Quickest way to get to the modules is to go to Modules on the right, then select one of the modules, and it should have a reference manual, that is basically the book, formatted for Fantasy Grounds.

If the module is not activated, you'll need to activate it first.

Dumb question number 2 - creating a character and buying a skill (spells, maneuvering in armor, etc) where a character can buy unlimited ranks. I keep getting a script execution error when I buy even a single rank. Is this a known bug?

I am not seeing any errors on a quick test, can you get the exact error message?

Script errors are 99% of the time caused by an extension, this includes themes.

Are you running any extensions? If so, turn them off and try again, then turn them on one at a time to figure out which one is causing the issue.

If you are not using an extension, then exact steps to recreate the issue would be helpful in figuring out what might be going on.

Unfortunately I am still a bit stuck. I had purchased just the basic RM Classic rules and had the issue but purchasing and loading RMC1 made no difference. I deleted the character and made a fresh one who also has the same issue so I'd welcome any input!
    Create character.
    Generate stats.
    Select Skills tab and click on Open Skills Development icon.
    I place any number greater than 0 in the "New" column of any skill that I can buy unlimited ranks in (ie 1/*, 2/*, etc) and the log opens with an error. [ERROR] Script exection error: [string "scripts/rules_skills_frp.lua"]:82: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value.

If I buy ranks in any of these skills, the spent value of the development points does not change. I'm thinking maybe to uninstall and reinstall? I don't see any options that I should be changing to fix this.

I place any number greater than 0 in the "New" column of any skill that I can buy unlimited ranks in (ie 1/*, 2/*, etc) and the log opens with an error. [ERROR] Script exection error: [string "scripts/rules_skills_frp.lua"]:82: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value.
    That's an error in the FRP extension. Disable that extension and see if you get the error (i.e. don't have any extensions running). Assuming you don't get the error with the FRP extension disabled, make sure you have the latest version of that extension - and if you still get the error, please report the issue in the FRP extension thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information