5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    I'm hitting an issue specifically with the Spell Action Info extension. When this extension is enabled, I do not see the "burst" action choice in the right-click radial menu. When I disable this extension, it appears.

Interestingly, any burst actions that I create when the Spell Action Info extension is disabled will remain in the spell actions after the fact, I just can't get the option to create more bursts with the radial menu.

The Spell Action Info extension is credited to Zarestia, in case that is helpful.
    Do you have any other extensions loaded? I just grabbed Spell Action Info and it seems to work fine for me. I'm running the latest version of each (3.4 of spell action info)

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Players could run into this targeting issue if they are controlling NPC's or pets using extensions like Cohorts and Companions or Friend Zone. I'll try to test it later.
    I was able to find a fix for this and have a build waiting for approval on the Forge. If you need the extension sooner than that, you can download the latest from my github.

Ohh, I was hoping to avoid this question. haha. I'm running pretty much every extension made for PFRPG, so this is self-inflicted. If you are seeing it work on its own, then I've got something buried in the pile. I'll try to narrow it down. Thank you for the reply.

Ohh, I was hoping to avoid this question. haha. I'm running pretty much every extension made for PFRPG, so this is self-inflicted. If you are seeing it work on its own, then I've got something buried in the pile. I'll try to narrow it down. Thank you for the reply.
    I was testing with 5e, not pathfinder so that might be part of it. I'll test again tomorrow.

Just checked out the pathfinder code for Spell Action Info and I see that that extension is squashing my changes to the spell's radial menu, which is why the new option is not showing up. I've attached a modified version of Spell Action Info that's compatible with Close Encounters, but it'll be on the extension author of SAI to add update the Forge version with compatibility changes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi, I'm running into an issue with this extension in the PF2e ruleset. Basically, it stops the tooltips on the other Spell Actions (Cast, Damage, Heal, Effect) from showing up. I only see the tooltip on the Target Action.

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCity View Post
    Hi, I'm running into an issue with this extension in the PF2e ruleset. Basically, it stops the tooltips on the other Spell Actions (Cast, Damage, Heal, Effect) from showing up. I only see the tooltip on the Target Action.
    Thanks for the feedback! Version 1.1.3 is now available and it fixes this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Version 1.1.3 is now available and it fixes this issue.
    Thanks for providing a fix for this! I have run into another issue with the PF2e ruleset and the Close Encounters extension. It seems to be causing an issue with the "Apply all effects of the spell" button. The intended functionality is that you can trigger saving throws from a target, and then press the "apply all" button to apply the correct effect to the targets based on the result. With this extension enabled, its seems I can't apply the effects with that button anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCity View Post
    Thanks for providing a fix for this! I have run into another issue with the PF2e ruleset and the Close Encounters extension. It seems to be causing an issue with the "Apply all effects of the spell" button. The intended functionality is that you can trigger saving throws from a target, and then press the "apply all" button to apply the correct effect to the targets based on the result. With this extension enabled, its seems I can't apply the effects with that button anymore.
    Apologies for the issues as because I don't play pathfinder, so I'm not familiar with the complexities of the ruleset. I've uploaded a new build that fixes this problem I think. I'm not familiar with how the 'apply all effects' button works, but it was certainly doing something when I clicked it

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Apologies for the issues as because I don't play pathfinder, so I'm not familiar with the complexities of the ruleset. I've uploaded a new build that fixes this problem I think. I'm not familiar with how the 'apply all effects' button works, but it was certainly doing something when I clicked it
    Thanks for providing such a quick response. Unfortunately the issue persists. The Apply-all is doing something now, but not the intended thing

To give you a quick overview of how the button is supposed to work, I'll use the Fear spell https://2e.aonprd.com/Spells.aspx?ID=110

So in PF2e a spell will often have 4 effects depending on the targets saving throw result. In Fears case, a successful save inflicts the Frightened 1 condition on them. A failed save inflicts inflicts the Frightened 2 condition. A critical failure inflicts the Frightened 3 condition.

In fantasy grounds, after each creature makes it saving throw, I can hit the Apply All button and it will run through all the targets and apply the correction condition to them as determined by the result of the saving throw.

The new build you just uploaded seems to make the Apply-all button perform the saving throw, but it doesn't apply the effects afterwards. To be clear, the intended functionality in the base ruleset is that the creature makes the save first, and then you use the Apply-all button to apply the correct condition based off the result. It shouldn't actually be making the saving throw at all.

Thread Information