Starfinder Playlist

Beginner Trouble

So, this is my first attempt at hosting a FG game. I've played in it several times, and I've loved it. However, I am unable to get other people to log onto my game. I've just turned my firewall off (Windows and Norton) and it still does not work. I am a newb at this, I admit. Any advice?

I am on a campus.

First turning the your firewall off is not going to help your open your port. Turning off firewall these days does not open ports. However, the real problem is you do not control the router at the school and cannot you port forward 1802 to your computer if you are using the campus network to connect to the Internet. You also can not open port 1802 on the campus firewall.

If you are not using the campus network to connect to the Internet, let us know.
    Last edited by Griogre; October 3rd, 2007 at 04:09.

I am using the campus internet.

Then your screwed.
    They need to open that port on the router and I do not think they will acquiesce.
    You either need them to open the port or find another way to connect to the internet
    Always keep it in perspective!

People have reported Hamachi as a valid workaround for campus firewalls. Haven't used it personally so couldn't say.

Hamachi might work, though I have no personal experience with it.

Thanks for the advice. For those with the same problem who search this site in the future, Hamachi enabled me to host a game even though the port was closed. However, there are a few seconds of lag from the players when they type; that is, when they type something, it takes 1-4 seconds for the message to show up. I would recommend allocating a lot of time to pre-load images.

You can distribute images to players by way of modules: they can't browse them (if you set the module up properly) but they load from the players' local machines when you share them.

Check out the thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=7313.

Stuart

Thread Information