DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MostTornBrain View Post
    If you edit a scroll to have a CL, you need to click on another inventory item for the name change to take effect internally. Otherwise, the CL won't be detected in the created action (as the name of the action also won't have the changed text). It seems _sometimes_ the name change takes effect right away, but most of the time in my testing I found the extension wouldn't get the edited text until after I clicked away into a different inventory item snd then clicked back to make the item equipped.
    Correct. FG doesn't save the contents of the textboxes as you type. I like to press escape on my keyboard when I'm done typing to leave the field without having to enter another.

Unrelated note: Advanced Item Actions also lets you set remaining charges on a wand via the name such as "Wand of Cure Light [12 charges]".
    These syntax styles are just mirroring what I saw used in officially published Paizo APs in FG (specifically Return of the Runelords which I was playing at the time).
    Once the CL and charges have been obtained by the extension, they can be removed from the name (happens automatically for charges) as they're saved internally.
    Last edited by bmos; April 24th, 2022 at 02:25.

Wow, ok these were awesome! Trenloe, Thankyou for the initial extension, super helpful. MostTornBrain, Thankyou for the added code to that ext. (testing it out now), that is awesome. Bmos, Thanks for that additional tid bit. basically it allows my DM to set the CL of a scroll to a higher level if he wants and have it automatically come across. Thank you everyone.

as an aside to show what I was looking to do with scrolls, potions and such: The Green at the top is what I want to do but can't because all 5 items have different CL. The red is how it comes in and works great but takes up more real estate. If there was a way to add CL to an individual spell like you can CLC and have it override the CL set for the Spell Class that would let this happen, but I assume that is a much more complicated Idea.

Adding CL to Individual spells.png
    Last edited by Morenu; April 24th, 2022 at 02:28.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Wow, ok these were awesome! Trenloe, Thankyou for the initial extension, super helpful. MostTornBrain, Thankyou for the added code to that ext. (testing it out now), that is awesome. Bmos, Thanks for that additional tid bit. basically it allows my DM to set the CL of a scroll to a higher level if he wants and have it automatically come across. Thank you everyone.

as an aside to show what I was looking to do with scrolls, potions and such: The Green at the top is what I want to do but can't because all 5 items have different CL. The red is how it comes in and works great but takes up more real estate.

Adding CL to Individual spells.png
    I'll add that to the ideas page for Advanced Item Actions. Implementing that way is more complicated, but possible.

Trenloe and MostTornBrain, May I add the following to my first Post for people so they don't have to search? unless you want to put it in Forge yourselves.

Alphabetize The Spell Classes on the Actions Tab By Trenloe -

PF1 - Spellclass Sort

Add a Note Field to all spell level sections under the Spell Class. Added to Trenloe's Extension above by MostTornBrain

PF1-Spellclass Sort and notes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Morenu; April 24th, 2022 at 12:24.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I'll add that to the ideas page for Advanced Item Actions. Implementing that way is more complicated, but possible.
    Thanks, I figured it was a much bigger deal.

If all the coders don’t hear it enough, the work you all put in to make PF and FGU better is fantastic. I am 50 and feel like a kid again at times, building characters and playing with friends. Thank you.

Thanks, I figured it was a much bigger deal.

If all the coders don’t hear it enough, the work you all put in to make PF and FGU better is fantastic. I am 50 and feel like a kid again at times, building characters and playing with friends. Thank you.
    Thanks! I'm very glad I can be part of that

Trenloe and MostTornBrain, May I add the following to my first Post for people so they don't have to search?
    Fine with me.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Fine with me.
    Fine with me as well.

I was wondering If there is a way to have what is typed on the Note Line you added, show up on an NPC when you lock the NPC and also on the MINI sheet (the more condensed character sheet)

NPC Locked Note line.png

I was wondering If there is a way to have what is typed on the Note Line you added, show up on an NPC when you lock the NPC and also on the MINI sheet (the more condensed character sheet)
    It's definitely doable - it's more a question of how to best format the row. The level values are currently centered. The easiest thing to do is make that level label include the notes and let the whole thing be centered as it already is. It will look like this:
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 8.33.30 PM.png

To get that, add the following extra code to your extension:

Code:
    		<windowclass name="spell_level_mini" merge="join">
    		   <script>
    		   function onInit()
    				 super.updateLabel = myUpdateLabel;

if super.onInit then super.onInit(); end
    			end

function myUpdateLabel()
    			    local node = getDatabaseNode();
    				local sLabel = "";
    				 Debug.chat("node:", DB.getValue(node, "notes", 0));

if minisheet then
    				    sLabel = "Level " .. DB.getValue(node, "level", 0) .. " - " .. DB.getValue(node, "notes", 0);
    				else 
    					sLabel = "Level " .. DB.getValue(node, "level", 0);
    				end
    	            label.setValue(sLabel);	
    			end
    		   </script>
    		</windowclass>
    This also works with the NPC sheet, since when it is locked it is the same as a mini spell sheet. However, you need to close and reopen the the NPC sheet for the note changes to show up on the locked view. There's probably some simple way to force the refresh of the locked view labels when the lock is toggled - but I hadn't had a chance to investigate that.

I've only been tinkering with extensions since the beginning of this year, so this might not be the best way to go about the changes you wanted. Perhaps someone else has some suggestions for alternative ways this could be done.

I'm usually hesitant to override an existing function since if the core ruleset changes it might break, but in this instance, the original updateLabel() function was only 2 lines long, so hopefully doesn't come with a huge amount of risk.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by MostTornBrain; April 28th, 2022 at 01:49.

Thread Information