STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Rearrange Items on the Action Tab

Forge Link full version only

Only Tested on PFG1e/3.5

Alphabetize The Spell Classes on the Actions Tab By Trenloe -
    PF1 - Spellclass Sort

Add a Note Field to all spell level sections under the Spell Class. Added to Trenloe's Extension above by MostTornBrain -
    PF1 - Spellclass Sort and notes

The 3rd version (Thanks again MostTornBrain) Uses the first 2 and keeps the notes on the NPC when the NPC is Locked AND it also now shows them on the MINI Sheet as well -
    PF1 - Spellclass Sort + notes + NPC.ext

3 Spell Sort ext.png

Choose 1 or 2 and put it in the <FG app data>\extensions directory, restart FG and then select Feature: Spellclass sort when you load any PF1e campaign.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Morenu; August 30th, 2023 at 18:56.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

There was never a mechanism built to reorder the individual actions within a power; just delete and recreate in the order you want.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for the reply. My OCD is sad.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Thank you for the reply. My OCD is sad.
    This got me wondering, is there a technical reason the spell_class and spell_action lists aren't sorted? Almost all the lists on the character sheet are sorted alphabetically. Why are these two omitted?

Looking at the Lua code , spell_items *are* sorted (i.e. spells within a specific level) - it seems like a simple extension could be made to have the spell class and spell action windowlists sorted by name if your OCD was really sad. :-)

Cheers,
    Brian

It's because the different actions appear in the order that they are parsed from the text of the spell description. It seems to make the most sense, especially for spells/abilities which give multiple attack/damage rolls.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's because the different actions appear in the order that they are parsed from the text of the spell description. It seems to make the most sense, especially for spells/abilities which give multiple attack/damage rolls.

Regards,
    JPG
    You haven't seen my character sheet LOL. keeping stuff in sensible order for my brain is imperative.

Try this extension - put it in the <FG app data>\extensions directory, restart FG and then select Feature: Spellclass sort when you load any PF1e campaign.

This will order the spell classes on the actions tab alphabetically. It won't rearrange the actions themselves because there are 4 different action types and they don't have a field that's the same that could be used for sorting.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 23rd, 2022 at 00:00.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wow, sending it to my DM now. Will keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try this extension - put it in the <FG app data>\extensions directory, restart FG and then select Feature: Spellclass sort when you load any PF1e campaign.

This will order the spell classes on the actions tab alphabetically. It won't rearrange the actions themselves because there are 4 different action types and they don't have a field that's the same that could be used for sorting.
    Thank you for sharing this! I had no idea all the functionality of an extension could be put solely inside the extension.xml file. Very cool and so nice and compact!

Cheers,
    Brian

YES!!! That's awesome! So now I can just put a number in front of the Spell Class title to rearrange them! OCD level up! the spell Actions are very simple to cut and paste to get the order I want, this was the HUGE headache and you fixed it!!!

Thank you

Now go forth and put it in forge and allow me to buy it or donate a coffee or two to you.
    Last edited by Morenu; April 23rd, 2022 at 02:39.

Thread Information