STAR TREK 2d20

SWD_ThisCardJustRules appears twice in AdventureDeck mod

Actually, to be precise it appears as:

["SWD_ThisCardJustRules"] = { name = "This Card Just Rules", effect = "Immediately give this card to the GM and draw two cards to replace it. You may still play only one card this session (barring edges of other Adventure Cards).", image = "refimage.cards.thiscardjustrules@Adventure Deck" },
    ["SWD_ThisCardJustRules2"] = { name = "This Card Just Rules", effect = "Immediately give this card to the GM and draw two cards to replace it. You may still play only one card this session (barring edges of other Adventure Cards).", image = "refimage.cards.thiscardjustrules@Adventure Deck" },

There is a card handler for the "ThisCardJustRules" but not one for #2, which along with me checking the physical deck, makes me infer it is a cut and paste or some other such typo.

There were two physical cards in the original deck.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Ahh! they changed it then (or I got a slacker deck hehe)

If you pull the "second" one, does the function
    function thisCardJustRules(sCardId, nodeChar)

still get called? I thought that would be triggered by the map key (SWD_ThisCardJustRules vs SWD_ThisCardJustRule2) - or is the lookup done differently?
    I guess I can try it real fast hehe.

EDIT: Yup, of COURSE I had to pull 55 of the 57 total cards before I got the second one. So when played it it gave me the 2 remaining cards. I played the other and it too gave the text about giving me 2 more cards (even though could not be done and told me to shuffle prior to telling me it gave me the cards)

OK - will look tomorrow to see what happens when not last 2 but too sleepy now about to pass out. Nighters and thanks

-- I looked in my folders and noticed I actually do NOT have an SWD Adventure deck in pdf. I have the SWADE one from the KS along with the physicals - and I have the physical SWD one I got when I bought the dual Adv/Action deck from Amazon. Wonder if I bought it from PEGINC if they had a PDF too?
    Last edited by Varsuuk; April 22nd, 2022 at 07:00.

Thread Information