DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Sea of Thieves TRPG Dice Help

Hi,

I am running a Sea of Thieves TRPG game and plan on just using the CoreRPG ruleset and only really need to change the images on the six sided die.
    Sea of Thieves uses "Legendary Dice" that are just d6s with different images.
    Of course you can use standard d6s, but that seems pretty low rent considering everything else FGU can do.

I can see that the FateCore system uses a custom die image for the Fate Die, so it must be possible, but I have looked around a lot and can't seem to find a thread that shows how.

Can anyone point me to some info on how to make custom dice images work?

Cheers.

You can not change the 3D dice models with new faces; but the results in the chat window can be adjusted through extensions or by building a ruleset with that support in it. Several of the store rulesets do this do support special d6 dice (Alien, Conan, Vaesen).

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah, I see now that the Fate Die is in the engine after all.

Can anyone point me to some good info on how to change the results in the chat window?
    I will keep looking but if there is a good centralized thread or something that would be awesome.

Cheers.

I just changed it recently to make it a little easier to do this:

Here's an example from Conan where the icon asset "dC6_phoenix" is also defined (same icon size as normal "d6icon" in CoreRPG):

<customdie name="dC6">
    <model>d6</model>
    <menuicon>d6icon</menuicon>
    <icon>d6icon</icon>
    <side result="1" value="1" />
    <side result="2" value="2" />
    <side result="3" value="0" font="invisible" />
    <side result="4" value="0" font="invisible" />
    <side result="5" value="1" icon="dC6_phoenix" font="invisible" />
    <side result="6" value="1" icon="dC6_phoenix" font="invisible" />
    </customdie>

The die would be accessed by right-clicking on the d6 and selecting the custom die option.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information