STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: May Update 2022

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I did, 5000 links, OMG emoji!
    Oh yes, and well RQ is almost ready. Another month and it should be complete, more links, more I say.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Well I've watched it.

I like the Characteristic Override, so what I'll do is move them off the desktop and onto the Skills page. This would allow me to limit them to what that character has.

I'll chat with Dom when he has time, and see what he thinks would fit inside Traveller. I do like the ammo countdown from the Inventory tab.

I also like the Mods button on the items, though Traveller isn't as finely structured, as I was always hoping to do something similar for power armour/weapons. But I'll have a re-think.

Cheers,
    MBM
    I am only speaking for myself, but I am happy to use what we have so you can spend the needed time to do it right, no rushing!

When I saw the video the first thought that went through my head was the stat/skill system would be most excellent for us and save screen space and probably handle the extra stats better so I wanted to share. The ammo and mods would be gravy!

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I am only speaking for myself, but I am happy to use what we have so you can spend the needed time to do it right, no rushing!

When I saw the video the first thought that went through my head was the stat/skill system would be most excellent for us and save screen space and probably handle the extra stats better so I wanted to share. The ammo and mods would be gravy!
    It's fine.

So I think moving the Desktop buttons into the Skills Tab would save the issue of space on the desktop (not a huge amount) but would solve the problem of the optional characteristics.
    The Ammo, to do that, would mean looking through all the weapons and working stuff out. For Fallout, 10mm is a weapon and ammo, in Traveller we have many weapons with many different ammo types, ie AP rounds. So if someone would be so kind as to list all the different 'items' we'd need for each ammo type then it's doable. I'd add a field to the Weapon where you could tell it what 'Ammo' to look for.
    I do like the idea of clearing up the Inventory when you equip a weapon/armour.
    I also think the Age section could be moved below the name at the top (like 5E) and then Racial Traits in the Personal Tab, and Finances in Equipment, giving the Main page more space.

Thoughts on what to do with the Character Sheet are most welcome!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

any chance we can get the alteration to the ship pc records so we can add images to the notes (or other) section of the pc spacecraft?

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    any chance we can get the alteration to the ship pc records so we can add images to the notes (or other) section of the pc spacecraft?
    When I work out how, then yes. Should be simple to mimic.

So leave it with me please.

Thanks,
    MBM

Thread Information