DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Will there be LoS support? I have a group of players navigating a dungeon and the ability to have them make turns or take LoS into effect would be fantastic.

No idea what you mean. Combat tracker (CT) tokens in map have LOS and FOW. Carrier just adds things together with a carrier CT token and carried CT tokens. It does nothing to change those tokens LOS or FOW. As long as the logged in player owns that CT token - they have the LOS and FOW available to them. Nothing to do with carrier.

For example, if I use Assistant GM and share a Vehicle class that is in the CT and map to a player - then put other CT entries on that as carrier - they have full control of the Vehicle or anything else they own. For sure I'm not getting into all the other options in carrier that give you ability to group carried and carrier so they have same init (trigger in sequence on turn) or that the carried items can all get their turns skipped so only the carrier has to be manipulated.

Personally, I don't really even use vehicle class I use NPC class for all my "vehicles" as its easier for me.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.21 - Update - new driver option called "follow" has been added. If set you can hold shift to position carried token in some reasonable follow distance position then when the carrier moves any carried entries with the follow setting will follow in its path. This is only for single file following. Though you can have carried token defined as carrier token (with non following carried entries itself) set to follow. If you set toggle the driver option off of "Carrier follow" then the next time you move the carrier it will have all tokens snap back to their original positions based on normal carrier behavior. Best to just drop the double click the drop all carried entries token (see tooltip) if your going to do that. Per my usual standards - its good enough. Use or don't use it as you see fit. See details in .txt file.

Pretty powerful - but likely nobody will notice as nobody reads this stuff
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 15th, 2023 at 21:34.

V1.21 delivery to forge delayed - will let you know when it gets pushed.

V1.21 is now live on Forge.

Follow Tip: While carried tokens will follow the carrier token, players or host can still move the carried tokens (say to investigate stuff). This will be like when the no shift required for repositioning is used where they will essentially redefine their distance to follow (raw distance from carrier). But if carrier keeps moving they will head back into line also. This is a tool like all my extensions and like them all can be used in ways I did not think of both good and bad. And as in all my extensions - use at your own risk.

Really nice SR thanks.

I was playing with it and I can see a lot of good uses for this. One good use is for Familiars that are meant to be near the PC at all times. So you link them and now when you move the PC they will follow them, its really cool

Tip: I find defaulting to carrier_follow is the way to go in options now so that all my carried stuff starts off in follow mode.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Tip: I find defaulting to carrier_follow is the way to go in options now so that all my carried stuff starts off in follow mode.
    As it should be, this is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    As it should be, this is the way.
    And reading that in your reply I just realized I did not use carrier_driver_follow defined in my string table and it took the mistaken keyin I put in for the option. Will still work - but will be fixed to display "Carrier follow" as it should in the next release. Kind of wanted to have an option where tokens always orient in the direction they just finished moving. Not sure if it will work (as in not be to time consuming a feature) but meh - same could have been said for the follow stuff.

And I'll make that the default default for that option for next release also

Thread Information