STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    I highly doubt this is possible inside FG, but is it possible to make carried tokens always on top? they're hard to find when the carrier is moved since the carrier is typically a larger size than the carried.

edit: after reading the documentation it seems like this is a no-go.

> There is no good way in FGU to manage overlapping map tokens so you'll just have to be aware where you place any carried map tokens relative to the carrier map token as it will hide them from selection. You will have to move the carried map tokens out from under the carrier map token to regain the ability to select them again. Only selecting and dragging a map token can get it to appear "on top" of other map tokens, but you have to be able to select it to do that.
    Last edited by ghen; July 16th, 2022 at 00:26.

Quote Originally Posted by ghen View Post
    I highly doubt this is possible inside FG, but is it possible to make carried tokens always on top? they're hard to find when the carrier is moved since the carrier is typically a larger size than the carried.

edit: after reading the documentation it seems like this is a no-go.

> There is no good way in FGU to manage overlapping map tokens so you'll just have to be aware where you place any carried map tokens relative to the carrier map token as it will hide them from selection. You will have to move the carried map tokens out from under the carrier map token to regain the ability to select them again. Only selecting and dragging a map token can get it to appear "on top" of other map tokens, but you have to be able to select it to do that.
    Correct. I replace their initial positioning via SHIFT key held down so that they always have a visible chunk showing - if I even want them showing.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.7 - Update - Support for Sir Motte's theme.

Removed as not sure it was a problem.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 20th, 2022 at 16:59.

V1.8 - Update - added some onMove logic to not process unnecessary token movement that is less than 1/2 a grid map unit. Added full support of players being able to use the host carrier buttons if they own the CT entry. Added toggle logic to visibility eye icon on carried entry to have the carried CT get the "Carrier; SKIPTURN" effect added with gm only viewing and the source being the CT entry that is its carrier. This allows only the carrier to get a turn, skipping the turns of any entry with this effect. Also, when removing a carried entry from the carrier it will check the CT visibility status and set the token visibility to that - unless a PC - in which case it will just be visible.

Will be up in Forge when Grim Press gets around to it.

V1.9 - Bug - fixed some issues with V1.8 not displaying carrier buttons correctly all the time (when combat tracker window was not up and other cases).

V1.10 - Update - new option "Do not process move when dragging token" defaulted to off. This will insure any token movement will only process on the last point - not on every point in between. This is useful for large campaigns where lag in movement or token locked movement can become an issue.

Will this conflict with anything that triggers when you get close? Like AURAs EXT?
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Will this conflict with anything that triggers when you get close? Like AURAs EXT?
    If you have the carrier option on it will only effect the carrier movement making it only do the first and last movement points. Meaning that only the carried items would not interact with SAVEA, etc. type of auras unless they land on them at end of movement. The actual carrier will be effected as its still moving on the map and AURA will still be intercepting all its movement as its a separate thing. In my monday game of SW5E I have mines in play (SAVEA) and don't have this option turned on.

Now AURA - hopefully - will be getting the same option soon. I currently use a version of it with it. In that case, it will only process the last point of the move so that you will miss all the SAVEA, etc. type of auras unless you land on it. Same thing on my SW5E game, I have it off. But the speed in processing difference means when I don't have SAVEA auras around and the campaign is large, I will 100% have this turned on. Carrier does not get as much benefit as AURA does because carrier is only updating points while AURA is doing a bunch of expensive stuff.

No idea when AURA version will have this - if author elects to put it in - but my version has it and it is a huge lag killer for my players moving around in maps with auras (of the non SAVEA etc. variety). And truth be told - I can live with it not triggering for the savings I get. So bottom line, its the DM's call when to turn it on. Its defaulted to off for sure.

I'm glad it's an option, because I think this would defeat the point for most people on what Auras is doing. As the point is anything that comes in range even while moving would be triggered right away.

I do see how this could be very helpful with token lag though, if you don't use SAVEA in your AURAs, it could be very helpful for that.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Thread Information