STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I had MrDDT try to create a new carrier link on a hunch and it indeed does not work when this extension is used with it. I'm pretty sure the problem is that this other extension is returning a true on the on drop code when it should not be - which signals all other ondrops processing that drop to cease and desist when returned true. As I respect that return code, and don't process my stuff if coming out true - like FGU ruleset code does - it won't allow you to create the link. I could break the rule on my side and process it when it says not too via the return code - but I think I'll just wait and see what the author of that extension does about it. If I have to break that rule I can, but for now I'm not going to and leave it as it should be. If another custom or override drop tells me "I've done the processing don't touch it" then that's what I'll do. Even if it means I don't function.
    Ok. With no errors just a failure to create a group, I was unsure of which one (maybe both) was causing the issue. Sorry I was not clear on the failure initially and thanks for looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Ok. With no errors just a failure to create a group, I was unsure of which one (maybe both) was causing the issue. Sorry I was not clear on the failure initially and thanks for looking into it.
    I'm told from the other thread that this has been fixed and verified by the other author. You may now go back to your normal life with extensions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CtjhWhw2I8
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I'm told from the other thread that this has been fixed and verified by the other author. You may now go back to your normal life with extensions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CtjhWhw2I8
    I will not adjust my television set! Thanks!

Bug where if you have an enemy carried and carrier visible on the Client CT (I know crazy right? Why would anyone let a foe be seen in CT when it can go in and out of LOS at anytime and be gone - except from crazy DM's clients player CTs - something I never thought to test myself - as combat groups will always have players only see same faction set in my games) will generate an error at line 650 of my code.

Fixing now.

Bug where if you have an enemy carried and carrier visible on the Client CT (I know crazy right? Why would anyone let a not same faction be seen in CT when it can go in and out of LOS at anytime and be gone - except from crazy DM's clients player CTs - something I never thought to test myself - as combat groups will always have players only see same faction set in my games) will generate an error at line 650 of my code.

Fixing now.
    Fixed.

V1.1 - Bug - if an enemy carried and/or carrier was allowed to display on player CT then it would try and trigger some of the host only logic. Now gaurded against doing that. Result was harmless console error at line 650 of my code as it terminated the attempt on client (which should never have been done and now is not).

Whenever Grim gets it out in Forge it will be V1.1.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 16th, 2022 at 04:56.

V1.2 - Feature - New option "Set Common Initiative for carried entries (menu rolls only)" added defaulted to "off". This option will, on menu initiative rolls only, force all carried CT entries to have the same initiative rolled as their carrier. This is much the same as the option provided in combat groups and should be used with care if both are in effect.

When my players were riding a horse (or all in one carriage) - they wanted to control the horse movement and player action at the same time - it was a bit of a pain to use the combat groups option to do that init with same group (as technically there were not in the same group) so I modified carrier to do it. It will make all carried entries (even if carriers themselves - which can get "odd" as it will do them in order of CT which can have one init when a carried item is initially checked on its carrier - but that carrier may be a carrier and have another init itself assigned - best used with only one carrier IMHO but could still be useful with multiple) have the base carriers initiative so only turn this on if you know what you want and what you are doing. Else HANDS OFF IT.

This will be on FORGE whenever Grim Press gets back from vacation to put it out there.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 2nd, 2022 at 21:10.

V1.3 - Feature - New option "Default Driver Option" added defaulted to "Carried immobile". This option will allow any carried entry dropped on carrier to have this value as the initial setting of the driver state (Carried immobile, Carried driver, Carried no shift reposition). Previously it was always defaulted on drop to just "Carried immobile" and had to be updated manually to change it.

In my game this week had to add a bunch of different carried items into a variety of carriers. Because the default placement can make it hard to select the carrier when its the same size as the carried entries I always let all the carried entries be drivers since my players are each controlling a group. It was a royal pain to drop them all in then set each carrier entry to a driver. So making this new option so it can be whatever I want at the time of the initial drop instead of forcing me to always make everything a driver - as I like to do for my players. I have not added a default option for visibility or locked as I pretty much leave those as is usually.

V1.4 - Bug - when dropping an NPC onto a player portrait and the NPC is not in any map - carrier will error at line 1277 with a nil value. Fixed.

V1.5 - Bug - was not supporting dropping more than CT action line "actions" onto the carried token for its use. Now it supports all of the CT action line types (traits, actions, lair actions, legendary actions, spells, and innate spells) based on pattern matching find calls - find("actions%.") or find("%.traits%.") or find("spells%."). Also added tooltip to carrier's carried tokens so that it indicates that a CT action line of the carrier could be dropped onto it to assign the carried item that CT action line.

V1.6 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes.

Not compatible with previous LIVE. Only Current one.

Thread Information