FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    V1.22 - Update - option "Orient token along direction of movement" defaulted to "off" will allow token orientation to be set from direction of movement as the token moves.

Best with facing indicator option set to "on" in FGU options.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 16th, 2023 at 23:10.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

This shows me doing a double line marching around with one leader - arrows are followed carried to carrier - triple lines are fixed carried to carrier. Moving around they whip around corners as marching would do if orient along direction option is on.

Going to put a warning here about facing of tokens when the option to orient along direction of last movement is on. FGU has this weird behavior where if map grid locking is on (defaults to on so probably is for you) a token moving will follow orthogonal movement points to reach a diagonal point. But only if you land in center of a square - not a corner. Yeah confusing. So I'll put a picture out as warning - if you use map token grid locking with this feature you will get facings when you stop moving in a diagonal direction like you see in this image. Personally - if facing is super important for me I'll turn off map locking.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 31st, 2023 at 00:48.

Another tip about orient along direction of movement option - if you are being carried in a non follow normal fashion then you should first orient the carrier in the direction of travel - then shift hold position your carried tokens around it matching that facing direction. That way when you start moving (and the carrier orientation changes the carried positions) the carried tokens won't move to different relative position from direction of movement. Confusing - but you'll see when you play around with it what I mean.

Thanks I noticed this behavior last night setting up a map with 3 carrier situations going on. I am trying to replicate but one of the three has a carried token that is inconsistently being put under the main carrier token and I can't figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Thanks I noticed this behavior last night setting up a map with 3 carrier situations going on. I am trying to replicate but one of the three has a carried token that is inconsistently being put under the main carrier token and I can't figure out why.
    I rarely use the default placement setting myself - once I set something to carried I immediately hold shift and reposition it. And with the default being follow now you can just position it without the shift (but that will really be the distance not the position that is used when moving). And if you have the orient on move option on then you will want to do what I said above. You used the words "I can't figure out why" so that is why I repeated my advice here - though I suspect you meant "I couldn't figure out why"

Don't forget the options have a default you can use for all carrier creations (default now being Carried follow in a new campaign).

An example of what I was talking about is defined here - where each token was positioned with the same orientation as its carrier token orientation. They parade around in a 1-2-2-1 formation. Course if you don't align them initially for the non follow carried to carrier ones - you will get a nice circling with in the line march. Scrambled by any other name.

Attached Images Attached Images

V1.23 - Update - changed icon for "Carried follow" to be one from the CoreRPG so it would be more generic. Carrier is supported only in 5E no other ruleset. Specifically I do not support it in rulesets I don't use, for example - like 3.5E, 4E, CoreRPG, PFRPG, PFRPG2, and SFRPG. Just like my Map Parcel extension only supports 5E. Nothing else will be mentioned on this subject.

I'm not sure when it changed, or if something else is causing it, but the PC CT entries no longer get ownership assigned to match the charsheet DB entries when a PC logs in on a client. The ramification of this is that any PC that tries to have its carrier buttons updated on the client will fail to actually update them on the host as they can no longer keep them in synch in their local DB (no permission to do so). This took a long while to figure out for various reasons. Any NPC/Vehicle that is owned by the player will still work fine on keeping these button settings up to date.

For now this is an open issue - but as I have a game on Monday I'll be overriding the code myself to make the fix before it and update it here. Not a good solution as if you have anything else that does buttons on the CT to keep in synch with the host those won't work unless you have the fix. Still... needs must. My game - will go on without the headaches for sure.

V1.24 - Bug - fixed an error due to unguarded nil. Made sure the CT visible eye icon is in synch with the CT Carrier Carried entry eye icon so both would set token visibility and carrier carried entry visibility properly.

Does not address the PC CT ownership issue yet as I'm still holding out hope SW fixes this before I have to do it myself before my game Monday.

Thread Information