STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Another thing to check is to ensure that the FG data folder has full access rights for your user on your machine. Write permissions can get messed up on folders when you install to a folder location other than the default one (which uses the drive space designated by the OS for user data); or by a third party program (such as security or backup restore) changing permissions.

The FG data folder can be accessed by clicking on the folder button in upper left of launch screen. Then, go up one level, right click on the folder, choose Properties context option, choose Security tab, and make sure that your current user has full rights on the folder and all files/folders underneath that folder.

Make sure to close Fantasy Grounds before making the permissions changes.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you everyone for very useful information. I really appreciate it. The Session last night went well, with no issues (well the players have some serious issues in game, but that was expected). I'll be sure to come back to this tread if something similar happens again.

I love FGC so much! I had the corruption happen to me once from an Acronis True Image backup kicking off while I was in the client. Not exactly your situation but wanted to supply related information. Good luck!

It is possible that anti-virus is creating this issue, and also, since you are running the older 'classic' version, be aware that if you run extensions, they may not be compatible with FG Classic any longer, depending on when and where you get these from.
    Also, please check the integrity of your hard drive to insure that it is not failing, and, also make sure that you have enough HD space available.

Best of luck..
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information